1911Forum banner

Where to shot in Pensacola?

727 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  jtq 
#1 ·
Hello people,

I'll be moving in 6 months from a place that has alot of indoor and outdoor ranges (OKC) to Pensacola.
Can anyone tell me how the ranges are?

TIA,
Ray

#2 ·
Most of the ranges are north of the City of Pensacola

There is Pensacola Indoor Shooting Range Pensacola Indoor Shooting Range | Pensacola, FL

Escambia River Gun Club HOME - Escambia River Gun Club

I'm a member at the Escambia River Gun Club (ERCG), it goes for about $125 per year for a family membership. It has a few 100 yard ranges and some shorter ones. There is another private outdoor range in that area, but I can't think of the name of it.

RT 29 runs north/south through Escambia County, with the City of Pensacola on the south end and the City of Century on the north end. Most of the county is referred to as "Pensacola", though it really isn't within the city limits.

The ERGC is just north of the Cantonment area, but south of Century and just east of RT 29. It is a good 30 - 45 minute drive from downtown Pensacola. The other range is west of RT 29.

The Pensacola Indoor Shooting Range is on RT 29 and in the area known as "Car City", the area where most of the area's car dealers are located. It is probably 15 - 20 minutes from downtown Pensacola.

I'm sure there are other spots, but I can't think of them. Santa Rosa County is just east of Escambia County and is just a short drive (less than 20 minutes) over Pensacola Bay to towns like Pace and Milton to the north, and Gulf Breeze at the south end. They all probably have ranges, but I'm an old guy in the southwest corner of Escambia County and don't leave the county unless I have to.

Are you leaving Tinker AFB for NAS Pensacola? NAS Pensacola is in the southwest part of Escambia County, though there are many folks working there that live north in Escambia County and many who live in Santa Rosa County.

#3 ·
There is another private outdoor range in that area, but I can't think of the name of it.

The other range is west of RT 29.
Pensacola Rifle and Pistol Club Pensacola Rifle and Pistol Club Home

I know very little about the club. I've talked to a few members over the years, but I've never been there.

I seem to remember we have a forum member that is a member there, but I can't think who it is.

#4 ·
If you don't mind a little bit of a drive on I-10, there are a couple of nice ranges in Alabama, about 30 - 45 min drive. Styx River has pistol, rifle (up to 200 yards) and skeet/trap shooting as well. A little further west (25 minutes) you'll find Three Brothers, pistol and rifle ranges (up to 300 yards). I use both and they are both excellent.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.