1911Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend of mine has a press and loads various different calibers, he does not currently do .45acp but told me I could use the press. Considering he does not have the die for .45 what would i need to purchase to get going? thanks.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Die set and shellholder as long as he has the appropriate parts to do large or small primers. That doesn't include appropriate powder, primers, brass and bullets.

·
Banned
1,473 Posts
A press, dies, a scale, powder, bullets, brass and primers.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I will have to actually check out his set-up and then come back here. I know he has a reloading manual but the manuals are all the same as far as specs. correct?

·
Registered
913 Posts
Depending on the publisher of the manual (i.e., what bullet maker or powder maker printed it), manuals will have slight variations on what the maximum charge is, etc. It will help to get more than one book on the subject, so that you can cross reference and never allow yourself to get outside the accepted safe range in the books you're referencing. I have 2 books (which is probably not sufficient) and then I have one of the soft cover books that is essentially a copy of just the .45 ACP information from several additional publications. So far, so good.

·
Registered
57 Posts
A friend of mine has a press and loads various different calibers, he does not currently do .45acp but told me I could use the press. Considering he does not have the die for .45 what would i need to purchase to get going? thanks.
If his press is set up to use 7/8x14 dies get a set of Lee carbide dies in 45 ACP, read and understand the instructions, and go to work. All reloading manuals are not created equal, shop around.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts