1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning 1911 forum.

I have a Les Baer TRS that is in need of some trigger work. The original trigger was replaced because the hammer started following at the 30,000 round mark. A Cylinder and Slide 3.5lb trigger was installed by a local 1911 gunsmith. The new trigger is decent but has a small amount of creep that drives me crazy (first world problems I know).

Is there a competent smith known to the board that can help? Here are the obligatory picts: Off hand at 15 yards. I know it can do better.

·
Registered
667 Posts
You have been here 8 years and never heard of ACW?

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Hey Sammy,

Yes, plus one on Alchemy Custom. Rob hails from LB's shop and opened his own a while back (He's in the 'how LBs are made' video if I'm not mistaken).

1911doctor.com

Just do it.

Nice shooting!!! USI? :)

Happy shooting and be safe!

·
Registered
3,053 Posts
ACW is the place to go for Baer work !!!!

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey Sammy,

Yes, plus one on Alchemy Custom. Rob hails from LB's shop and opened his own a while back (He's in the 'how LBs are made' video if I'm not mistaken).

1911doctor.com

Just do it.

Nice shooting!!! USI? :)

Happy shooting and be safe!
Yes, USI. Are you close? If so lets meet up!

ACM? I admit, A longtime member but not a regular. I will give them a call.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Yes, USI. Are you close? If so lets meet up!

ACM? I admit, A longtime member but not a regular. I will give them a call.

Thanks!
I knew I recognized those targets from the Calguns thread (IIRC).

The last time I was there was after a VERY long dry spell. Put a bunch of rounds thru my LB. Yes, I could definitely use some pointers! I joined Diablo Rod and Pistol earlier this year and aside from getting a discount on the range fees, I haven't had a chance to make any good use of it.

Sorry to derail the thread a bit, but back on topic.

Rob also comes from a background at Springfield. Check out their facebook page if you want to see more of their handiwork. Shipping is easy enough for me as the Concord Fed Ex hub is close by (Center street off Pacheco/Contra Costa going East). You can also specify pickup from their too.

While it's there, you can have him address anything else you want/need done (obviously).

The turnaround for my gun wasn't bad at all (new barrel/link and fitting etc and a FO front sight).

·
Registered
667 Posts
I could turn that trigger job around in 2 weeks or so. PM me if you are interested.
This could next big thing. List what you want done and the best smiths in the nation will jump on your post and try to get the business!!!!

I love it....and CCS I hope you didn't think I was an azzhat for my post....:)

·
Registered
524 Posts
I will add to the recommendation for Alchemy. They worked on my Baer (nothing wrong, just improvements) and did great work. They are awesome.

One of the gunsmiths at Evolution is, I think, David Panciotti (I'm going to apologize in advance for probably butchering his name). Hopefully someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I think he used to work at the Colt Custom Shop. I have a shooting buddy who has a Special Combat Government with David's name on the test target. That gun has one of the nicest triggers I've ever felt, and as a whole is a phenomenal gun. If David is one of the guys at Evolution now (I think he is), then I'd trust them 100% to do a great job.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I decided to go with ACW after calling them today. They seem very professional and look like a safe bet in getting it done correctly.

When it gets back I will report back!

Sammy

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
I decided to go with ACW after calling them today. They seem very professional and look like a safe bet in getting it done correctly.

When it gets back I will report back!

Sammy
Congratz and looking forward to that range report! :)

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Congratz and looking forward to that range report! :)
If I get it back before we meet up you can help. Can't wait for the three of us (skosh69 as well) get together. Anyone near USI in Concord that can meet up on the 20th come on out.

Sammy

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
If I get it back before we meet up you can help. Can't wait for the three of us (skosh69 as well) get together. Anyone near USI in Concord that can meet up on the 20th come on out.

Sammy

Right on!! It will be a Les Baer day at USI. And the more Baer's the baetter! (Hah!).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Olive leaf right off the tree or powdered mixed with pure aloevera about 20 percent olive leaf 80 percent aloevera applied topically and or taken by pill capsule form. Is a powerful anti cancer aid. And soooo easy to utilize. Enjoy all y'all. Stay healthy and younger looking.

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
You made a great choice. Rob and Jim are great guys to work with on your 1911 project. They built a gun for me in 2013 based on an old SA Loaded (only SA parts left are frame, slide, and ejector and those were all tuned in the build) that is now probably the most accurate 1911 I have and the trigger job they did using an EGW Ignition set and Harrison trigger is my favorite of all my 1911s. It is my "go to" by which I measure all my other triggers and I have some very good ones by other smiths.

I only spoke to Rob (always very pleasant and more than willing to answer any questions I had)......but I got the impression Jim is the "trigger man" at ACW. Regardless of who did it, it is great.

·
Registered
4,969 Posts
Jim has installed more ignition components and tuned more 1911 triggers than you can shake a stick at. Half of Baer's production for 17 years...hard to put a number on that. Admittedly, not all of the triggers get tuned, but he has seen every possible scenario that can possibly exist play out.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts