1911Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to get some good exposure on a Colt I own and am thinking about selling. I do some gunsmith work for a fellow who attends and sells/trades at gun shows almost weekly, and does quite well. I don't, however, believe him or I have a handle on just what is a fair price for the Colt. Having thought this over, I'd like to consign with a person who moves and sells in the upper Colt marketplace, nationally if possible for better exposure than I can get locally...

I have some idea on what this pistol is worth, but the way the market has been going the last few years, I'm not sure what the real value might be; it could be less than I think, or more -- that's the reason I'd like to contact someone to consign this piece -- I really don't want to do it myself on GunBroker or such since I truly don't know what would be fair for me, and I really don't want to hassle with the tire kickers...

There's no reason to tout the pistol on this forum; I'm not trying to sell it to the members at this site and will not try. I just need a name/names of someone who would represent it well to potential buyers and who would serve me well as the con signer. The knowledge and people on this forum is invaluable, and I'm certain someone can point me in the right direction...

Any help would be appreciated...private emails no problem...I reviewed the Rules and I don't believe I'm in violation with this post, but if I am, I hope the administration removes the post before it becomes a problem...

·
Registered
651 Posts
Christie's Auction comes to mind

1 - 3 of 3 Posts