1911Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm defecting from the plastic 40 crowd and have decided on a DW in 10mm. I'm trying to get a handle on which would be the best setup. So far I have found the DWDirect site and their Patriot 10mm Exp's, I found a dealer with a RZ-10 in the 300+ SR#, and a Pointman Major in 10mm.

It seems the patriot is a completely new design upgrading the original 1911 style to use some slightly more modern design features.

The pointman is a classic 1911 design,

and the RZ-10 is a classic design, but built from the ground up as a 10mm.

All 3 of which are built to match tolerances.

Please let me know where I'm missing something or where I'm completely out to lunch.

Thanks

Matt

·
Registered
8,648 Posts
Yeah, I'd say you're heading in the right direction for the most part. Try doing a 'Search' on this forum for each of the 3 models, and you'll likely find everything you'd like to know about each. Take care, sir.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Since I'm in the market for a 10mm, I hope you don't mind me asking:

So is certain model better than the others? I'm debating between the ptriot and the razorback.

Mike

·
Banned
651 Posts
I'll comment.

The Razorback is, as you said, built form the "ground up" as a 10mm Automatic. I'm not certain about the new external extractor, but I believe that you will appreciate what DWF has put into this pistol!

Scott

·
Registered
8,648 Posts
The RZ-10 (Razorback) is designed as a dedicated 10mm pistol, using a conventional, internal extractor. Some have needed minor tuning in my experience, but once tuned, they are remarkable performing guns. I don't have any experience with the 10mm Patriot, but know it to have an external extractor. Haven't yet shot or tested one, so I cannot comment about it's performance. FWIW, my Patriot in .45acp is also remarkable in design, execution, and performance.

Given the choice between the two, my personal preference would be to stick with the internal extractor, unique slide rib design, and proved performance of the Razorback. Not that the Patriot won't prove just as nice, just don't know much about them as yet. The 10mm Pointman would not be a consideration for me, given the performance and aesthetics of it's competitors.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts