1911Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts
If you can find a pre 98 one, how about a Les Baer? I just got my first 1911= an LB concept V. VERY accurate, very reliable. no MIM parts, and made in USA. Its also a semi-custom pistol that is test fired with Federal hydrashocks, Fed. American eagles, and golden sabres. Guaranteed to shoot 3" at 50 yds out of the box, and if you pay a little extra 1.5" at 50 yds!! Just a thought. Then there's Wilson Combat and Ed Brown.....

Rob

Sorry I didn't read your post carefully enough the first time, and didn't see that you wanted to stay in the $700.00 range. I wasn't trying to be a jerk, I just got lucky and did it by accident
I was just speaking up for LB's quality, but I don't suppose that is really necessary anyway...
Good luck with you search!

Rob

Col. Colt
the two guns in question are Colt and SA.
Why the hell do you have to down a Kimber in this situation...I know you live for Colt and all that crap but give us Kimber owners a break. MIM parts aren't the crap that you make them out to be! Come out from the rock that your under and wake up. The SA has more of what he wants so I think he should spend his money on that (note I am not telling him to buy a Kimber) You will have to spend more money on the Colts to get them with that many features that are STANDARD on SA and others...

Pirate - what you'll need to do is try them both. Check closely, look at fit & finish. Rack the slides, & check for tightness of fit between parts. Are there sharp edges that might be a bother? Is the action smooth? Be careful not to get caught up in gimmicks; it's easy to concentrate on them & miss a lack of quality.

Also - take postings like some of those above with a grain of salt; consider the source carefully. Anytime a brand is endorsed because of something intangible (like brand recognition) and then what is believed to be the shortcomings of other brands - not the superior features of his/her preffered brand - it is probably emotion speaking. Bad advice for making an objective decision.

Personally, I like Kimber - but if it were not available, I would probably go with a Springfield. However, I would want to examine it closely against a Colt before I decided.

[This message has been edited by Kevinch (edited 04-19-2001).]

21 - 30 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.