1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been bitten by the 45 bug again, and started looking at new sig 220s about 3 weeks ago, but had not made a decision. Primary purpose will be range
HD etc. not intending for ccw,
So after running the full gambit I am back too 1911s. I had been between the colt rail gun and the springer MC Operator for a few more dollars I could swing
a TRP? low and behold I stumbled upon a lightly used Colt WC 5" asking price was 1089.00 plus tax. Full box and all with it. Thoughts from forum members on which one. I am a colt fan And the Colt WC seems like an awesome deal. But the Springer MC operator has all the features I was looking for. ???

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Just a heads up: October will mark the release of the Walther PPQ 45. 4.25 inch polygon barrel, mag capacity of 12 rounds same excellent PPQ trigger and MSRP of about $645.

From Walther: http://www.waltherarms.com/ppq-m2-45-acp/

I misread the OP. I have the W.C. Govt and highly recommend it.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Did you already discount the CZ97B? Option for cocked and lock and DA, higher capacity & just down right cool! Well, at least on paper; would love to try one out some day!

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Colt Wiley Clapp Govt would be my pick . Traditional Colt 1911 with just the right mix of modern improvements . No rail and no FCS .

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
wow most replays are for WC it will be purchased or on layaway in the AM pending secound thoughts lol
Thank you
keep the info inbound!

·
Registered
3,893 Posts
If you are trying to decide between different 45s, go with ACP - ammo is easiest to find and a great balance between power and felt recoil! Oh, wait, you mean which gun :)

It really sounds to me like you want a rail... To me in that price range the choice is between Sig TacOps, Springfields, and S&W E-Ser. Very hard choice! I picked Sig and it is working out very well, but I am certain I would be happy with the other two just the same.

·
Registered
5,600 Posts
Buy a Colt. If they go belly up you have a conversation piece. If you keep it you have an investment. I have several Colts and a P-220. There isn't a better range gun than a 1911. Right now the money is on Colt. You can't loose.

·
Registered
330 Posts
wow most replays are for WC it will be purchased or on layaway in the AM pending secound thoughts lol
Thank you
keep the info inbound!
You won't be disappointed. I didn't think I would like the gold/brass bead front sight but I was wrong. Good choice.

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
You won't be disappointed. I didn't think I would like the gold/brass bead front sight but I was wrong. Good choice.
Brass bead front sight was the one thing I changed out. Poor man's gold front sight. Not as bright as gold and tarnishes. I went with Novak MegaDot but today would use Novak fibreoptic , very bright yet looks like conventional sight not like something that belongs on a toy gun .

1 - 20 of 20 Posts