1911Forum banner
1 - 20 of 761 Posts

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a list of all the agencies I can get that still allow the 1911 to be carried. I know of Tacoma Washington, San Diego, LA County, LAPD SWAT, Houston has a grandfathered rule, Blanco County TX, Hays County TX, Williamson County TX and ????????????

·
Premium Member
9,656 Posts
Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department

Las Vegas, Nevada. I believe Henderson PD does as well.

Robert

·
Registered
114 Posts
St. Charles Illinois PD, Kane County Illinois Sheriff's Police, Sugar Grove Illinois PD that I know of in my area right off the top of my head.

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
Blue I PMed u some info

·
Registered
535 Posts
Please post your list when you're finished...maybe I'll make it to one of those agencies one day :cool:

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Denver PD allows those w/firing pin safety, i.e. Colt series 80, Kimber II, Para. Lots of other agencies in the Denver area also but I don't know if the same restrictions apply, Aurora PD, Lakewood PD, Douglas County SO, Greenwood Village PD, Wheatridge PD, Thornton PD; to name a few.
Like a dummy I left out Littleton PD, easy to find Baer's TRS in holsters there.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Dickinson PD, Friendswood PD, Galveston PD and possibly UT system officers in Austin (you would have to call and ask. I have seen some but not at other components.)

·
Premium Member
9,656 Posts
ISP carries Smith & Wesson 4566s

So how is that relative to the question of which departments/agencies allow 1911s? :hrm:
I saw two henderson PD guys with 1911s today, so at least grandfathered in.

Robert

·
Registered
836 Posts
Saw an Anaheim officer carrying a Para inside DL. Salinas PD (CA) just was authorized. I believe San Jose PD has been authorized for a few months now and the department I'm a reserve for has authorized them for a few years, Del Rey Oaks PD (CA)

·
Registered
570 Posts
Davis Co. Ut. authorizes it.

1 - 20 of 761 Posts