1911Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Remington Rand S/N 1,373,xxx which I believe is a 1944 manufacture date. The barrel is a Flannery Bolt Company blued barrel (marked F and P). I know that Flannery's were used as both original and replacement barrels for Remington Rand and the typical original barrel would be a High Standard barrel (marked HS & P). So, could this barrel be original to the pistol or is it most likely a WW2 replacement?

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
It's possible that it's original but there's no way to know for certain unless you were the first person to receive the pistol when it was brand new. It's safe to say it's correct.

·
Registered
4,358 Posts
If the barrel had been a High Standard there would be no question that the barrel would be the correct type whether original to the pistol or not. Your Remington Rand was manufactured in January of 1944 and Flannery had not been in production for very long at this time. Flannery Bolt took over production of barrels from Springfield Armory, which made field replacement barrels, although some were used when barrels from High Standard were not available. Flannery Bolt barrels went primarily to Field Service, but again some were used in new production by Ithaca and Remington Rand.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts