1911Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if this is the right place to ask this question but I'll give it a try ... when money permits, I'm thinking of getting another Browning to replace the Hi-Power that I had to recently sell. I'm looking at some of their newer offerings and when finances improve and the time comes to buy, I've narrowed it down to two choices:
  1. The Browning Hi-Power DA Compact ...

[*]
    The Browning Forty-Nine ...
Which one of these two would you pick?

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Lets see.....out of those 2 offerings I would get the FN compact. It looks sweet.

BUT wait.......when you sold your last hi power, did all of your hicaps go with it? If not, then look hard at the ARCUS 98 double action. It is like the action and lockwork of the FN compact, but it will use your orginal hi power mags.

Yes, the compact is kinda cool, but if I was to carry one I think I would want the compact DAO.

Have fun, and just make it easy on yourself, just get the FEG PJK for $300. I had to say it.

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
Alan Fud, I would also buy the real McCoy. I own a Model 49 and I have really tried to like the pistol but I can't. It's trigger is very bad. My gut feeling is the Compact will also have a poor trigger. Regards, Richard:D

·
Registered
384 Posts
Alan Fud; I would go with the HPc. The 49 has a very long reach to trigger, and a hard DAO pull. The HPc is available as either DAO, or DA/SA. The DA/SA would probably be the best option. By the way, neither of these is a "Browning". They are both marketed by FN. Browning offers only the conventional Hi-Power/single action. FN markets the Hi-Power/single action plus these other two.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts