1911Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know it may be a long shot, but this looks like a Colt (on account of the Colt grips). It's pictured in the Galco SOB holster (their official picture for this product) and I've been wanting it ever since I layed my eyes on it.

Anyone have any idea which specific model this is?

·
Registered
545 Posts
Definately

It is a Colt....it is even readable on the frame. As far as the EXACT model, very hard to say as you cannot see much of it.

Attachments

·
Administrator
73,850 Posts
It's a heavily-customized Enhanced model Officers ACP. I too like the work that was done on it. I can see an early Ed Brown beavertail and hammer, Novak sights, and probable removal of the Enhanced slide's top rib.

This picture is probably at least 10+ years old.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
I can virtually guarantee that picture is at least 11 years old. I remember seeing it in the Galco catalog before I was a LEO. Other than that, dsk said what I was going to say.

·
Super Moderator
EDC: SIG P938.
22,305 Posts
I think I see a hint of rib, extending forward from the sight body. The two-tone appearance, with the frame a different color/texture than the slide and beavertail, makes me think it's a lightweight. I've never been a big fan of the enhanced guns, but when they are truly enhanced with quality gunsmithing, they look great.

·
Banned
1,713 Posts
That is a Colt Lightweight Officer's Model, Enhanced Series 80. It was built for Rich at Galco in the early-90's by either Robar or Novak. Robar has done several for him. I don't believe Ed Brown makes that particular grip safety anymore. It's an older one without the pad. I think Ajax still makes a pair of grips like that.

·
Registered
8,545 Posts
Looks as though the grip safety in question has been pinned in the activated position as well, ast least to my eye, as the bottom of it is essentially flush with the MSH... (Maybe just for photo asthetics...)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts