1911Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
714 Posts
ringorock, I'm sure you will get more feedback if you give more information about the use and features you want on your pistol.

Both are series 80, the basic gov't model in the 80s mostly differs from the 1991A1 in roll mark and finish. The 1991 was produced to keep the price down and has either a matte blue finish or is parkerized

It would depend, for me, on price, condition and then on price and condition:biglaugh:

Give more info on your needs, wants and use.

Lots of info posted on these pistols in the forum. Look thru the pictures...better yet go to a range and see what people are shooting, rent a 1911 shoot it and see if you like it:rock: good luck, Preston

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I own a kimber custom shop raptor so i love 1911....i was looking for something lower end that i can trick out and as a carry weapon without the worry of lugging around a mega dollar gun....

here's the deal
both guns are in great shape
the a1 is parkerize black
the gov is stainless and polished frame
same price

comes down to is the gov better than the a1?

·
Registered
120 Posts
I personally love my series 80 gov't enhanced, I chose it over a matte stainless 1991A1, but that's just me.

If you're looking to mod it, I would just go with whichever is cheaper and save the money for modifications.They're both Colt's so either one would already run pretty smooth, so as stated above, price and condition should be the deciding factors.

·
Registered
872 Posts
Every 1911 shooter should have at least one colt...
Many have revised the book, but Colt wrote the book..

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
I have a 1991A1 that I am finishing up a custom job on. My friend has the new Government model. Both are very nice. I guess it just depends on which one you can find for the best price!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I agree with pjsjr. I personally have a SA LW micro compact for carry, but my father has an Officer's Enhanced that is stainless. The reasoning for purchasing this model was because the stainless holds up to body oils better if it is in direct contact with skin.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts