1911Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read a LOT of articles regarding trigger pull (squeeze) and trigger pull poundage. I am curious to see what you guys (and girls) feel who makes - in your opinion - the best trigger pull.
I think you guys are as close to unpaid experts as I can find so please respond.
Here are the contestants (combatants):
(notice there are no SA triggers listed as they are not part of this question -- and I know that is limiting unfairly)

1. Sig P 226 DA/SA

2. Beretta 96 DA/SA

3. Springfield Armory XD-40 DA

4. Glock 22 DA (or what they call safe action)

5. HK USP 2000 DA/SA (is that right???)

6. CZ P-01 DA/SA (I know, this one is only 9mm but were are talking trigger squeeze here)

Hope you guys post, this is a good baseline for my gun research. Thanks if you do post.

·
Registered
490 Posts
A well-broken-in Sig is usually outstanding, but the Beretta EliteII is awful nice right from the box, although that first pull is too long for some folks.

Probably the ultimate is a Sig with a level 2 Langdon trigger job...:rock:

·
Registered
935 Posts
The Glock isn't really a double action, because racking the slide to chamber a round partially cocks the striker.

My own choice is the Glock because except for the Springfield XD, it is the shortest and lightest of the group. It is not, however, the crispest.

I've had limited experience with Berettas and SIGs, and haven't been crazy about them.

People say good things about the XD's trigger, but I haven't tried one yet.

·
Registered
550 Posts
i have experience with glock and the xd of the models you mention. the xd has a nice trigger. it feels different then the glock. at least to me. with that being said i prefer the glock. but the xd is nice and sweet.when i am shooting i can feel the xd trigger creeping back and then the gun goes off, but i really dont feel that in the glock. the trigger pull on both is sorta different. both being different but, not really hugely different. thats just me and my .25. good luck on your purchase.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
SiGs tend to be the best out of your list. The XD has a lot going for it. I loathe Glocks for a multitude of reasons, and a generally long, mushy trigger is one (though not at all the biggest; there are worse triggers).
Now, CZ DAs are potentially the best of them all, but you don't see it much on a factory CZ anymore. Rather, grab its near clone, the Jericho 941 (aka Baby Eagle, UZI Eagle, Baby Desert Eagle). I tried a number at the last gun show and all had sweet, smooth DA pulls and crisp SAs.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have a Beretta 92FS and a Glock 23 and have shot my buddy's SIG P239. Not your exact guns, admittedly, but similar enough to comment.

In terms of how they stack up (pardon the pun), they go SIG, Beretta, Glock. Both SIG and Beretta triggers in DA feel like fine revolver triggers. The Glock is all right, but does not feel as smooth.

The other variable is how these guns fill your hands. If you have small hands the Beretta can be a challenge. I also have a Beretta 96 Vertec and the trigger is awful. The combination of different grip angle and shorter trigger just does not mesh well with my trigger press.

I have no experience with the guns you cited.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
flinterfan said:
The other variable is how these guns fill your hands. If you have small hands the Beretta can be a challenge. I also have a Beretta 96 Vertec and the trigger is awful. The combination of different grip angle and shorter trigger just does not mesh well with my trigger press.
I have a well used 92 that has a buttery smooth DA. Imagine my disappointment when the 92 Vertec came out, with the nifty rail and cool grip (not to mention cool grip panels) and every one I've handled to date has had a lawyer's dream of a DA pull... :barf:

·
Registered
35 Posts
TRB said:
[snip] Imagine my disappointment when the 92 Vertec came out, with the nifty rail and cool grip (not to mention cool grip panels) and every one I've handled to date has had a lawyer's dream of a DA pull
TRB,
Yes, the difference between my circa 1998 Beretta 92FS and my 2003 Beretta 96 Vertec is night and day. The 92 has a wonderful trigger. The other weird thing is under recoil the 96 does some funky things. I can actually feel the slide come back, stop, and head out again. It just feels clunky wheras the 92 is glass smooth. Don't know if that's because the 96 has a plastic recoil guide rod and the 92 has a metal one or just the difference between a 9mm and a 40 S&W in the Beretta 92/96 platform.

And now we return you to your original thread topic...

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
I think the Sig 226 has one of the best out of the box single/double action trigger of any handgun of it's type. And it's probably the most reliable and accurate semi-auto made. I also like the Glocks, but never felt too comfortable carrying one cocked in certain places (like stuck down the front of my pants). Seems like one good snag, and there goes the "family jewels".

·
Registered
197 Posts
My vote goes to the SIG 239 if you want a good DA concealed carry auto. Reliable. Accurate. Durable. Superb fit and finish. Small grips for people like me with a small hand, or just in need of easier concealment. Very nice DA trigger pull, one of the best I've used on an out of the box auto. Did I mention reliable and accurate?

We now return you to The John Moses Browning Show, already in progress:D

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Mine goes to the Sigs. They're predictable to me and has a crisper break than the others. I've never shot any sort of CZ for the record.

The Berettas had the WORST trigger in my opinion of course. The vaguest trigger pull I ended up guessing when it would engage.

Glock is next to the boring triggers. Not much feel but somewhat better trigger pull than the Beretta.

USP and XD's have the next step up in the trigger pull

1 - 20 of 22 Posts