1911Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey ya'll, I am having some work done to my milspec and want to put a better sight system on it. There are so many choices out there I am not sure what to buy.
The work I will be having done is to have all new Ed Brown controls put on, gunner grips, a new finish, some trigger smoothing out, and of course, the new sights.

Any insight you can share would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
15,319 Posts
customizing (utterly) personal tools

Is the gun a toy or tool?

Sights are personal, but some things remain true: the rear notch must be of sufficient width; the front blade must not be over-wide; they must be acquired by the eye quickly; they must stay put.

Orange-ramped Millett, red-rod Dawson fiber otics, Tritium night sights, basic black post, undercut Patridge (NOT 'partridge', that's a bird), painted front blades or gold beaded, just millions of choices (literally, ay?).

Find your nearest USPSA club (www.uspsa.org) and go look at the guns there; maybe you'll see something that catches your eye (whew! I kill myself with this stuff.). :cool:

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK, good start...thanks.
I "see" that I will need to look around a bit!
This gun will be more tool than toy, though I don't intend upon it being a daily carry gun, it will see night stand duty.
If I cannot get out to a sanctioned shoot any time soon, at the very least a trip to the local gun show may help.

·
Registered
586 Posts
on any 1911 style gun I love Novak's sights.

I also love the XS sights I just put on my HK.

Now I want the best of both. My plan is to use the front sight from XS and a rear Novak that may have to have the notch opened a bit for the oversized front sight.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts