1911Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an STI Trojan in 9mm with the standard STI Competition front sight and adjustable rear sight. It is my competition steel target gun. Looking to get a 5 inch 1911 with tritium low profile combat style sights in .45ACP that I could carry IWB or OWB. The competition sights tend to dig into my side when you try to conceal carry. STI Trojan? STI Lawman? Looks like in either case, the combat sights (tritium or not) are extra.

·
Premium Member
6,669 Posts
If you get a holster that hass the protector thingy ( I forget the name this minute) on it the sights will not dig into you.

Bob

·
Registered
95 Posts
wow, Rbrt & RH beat me to it!

I used to carry a Colt Gold Cup off duty (25 yrs ago), and the common fix was to round the rear upper corners of the adjustable sight, and also use a holster which had the leather tab extended upward to protect your side from the rear sight.

The combination worked well. I will say that when using the 1911 I perfered the OWB belt holster with an FBI tilt. I always found an IWB uncomfortable with the weight of the pistol.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I don't think they are. I just ordered a .45 Trojan with fixed sights. It will take a couple of months but it was at no extra charge. I intend on putting a front night sit on after I shot it.

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
I know Harrison makes a sight that fits the "bomar" cut and is not adjustable. Maybe put that in your 9mm Trojan??

1 - 7 of 7 Posts