1911Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm at a dilemma. I like both grips so help me choose. Regular rosewood diamond grips of the pachmayr american legion series.....

·
Registered
8,307 Posts
I'm at a dilemma. I like both grips so help me choose. Regular rosewood diamond grips of the pachmayr american legion series.....
All my SD/HD weapons have wood grips and as yet, they have not gone anyplace other then where I have wanted them to go, as well as surviving some rough SD classes to boot. But, that is just me. The pachmayrs are definately good functional grips as well. Have you tried each (or something similar) to see what works best in hand?

If you are totally torn about this.........flip a coin. ;).....and good luck to you.

·
Banned
462 Posts
I had some of the Pachy American Legend grips. They actually are kinda cheezy. The finish on the wood started to break down after just a few days of CC.

If you are not stuck on "Pretty" grips take a lood at the Via Con Dios (VCD) grips. They are the grippiest grips I've ever had and very durable so far.

http://vcdgrips.com/

VR,
Harold

·
Registered
222 Posts
I put rubber on anything I don't like to look at. For 1911's it's either ivory or rosewood.
Paul

·
Premium Member
2,969 Posts
Rosewood dbl diamond, especially if they are of the new Colt production type.

I took some off a new Colt Combat Commander to put on some vintage walnut Commander "sandblast" grips. But they were too nice to not use so I put them on a Norinco I have and they are very nice.

I have not used the Pachmayr "Am. Legend" type, but I do know what you mean and they just look so cheesy in my opinion.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
my wife was the only one that chose the pachmayr....so i went with wood :biglaugh: no really, i do like the wood grips. I like the pachs too but by looking at them, they're not going to hold their aesthetics very well....plus the majority of people think it's cheesy and i dont want to be that guy lol. Not to mention that the mag release notch is on the wrong side.

colt rosewood wins! now if i can only afford mammoth ivory

·
Registered
8,307 Posts
my wife was the only one that chose the pachmayr....so i went with wood :biglaugh: no really, i do like the wood grips. I like the pachs too but by looking at them, they're not going to hold their aesthetics very well....plus the majority of people think it's cheesy and i dont want to be that guy lol. Not to mention that the mag release notch is on the wrong side. colt rosewood wins! now if i can only afford mammoth ivory
Enjoy that gun. :rock:

·
Premium Member
2,226 Posts
Good choice, now where's the pic's :rock:

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Rosewood or the flat side regular Pachmayrs.

The 'American Legend' grips are 'fugly'.....

NAA.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
The American Legend grips are a great concept but flawed in execution. The wood is cheap and feels almost like balsa wood, and the wood and rubber quickly came apart on my set. $33.00 down the drain. Should have called Pachmayr and requested a refund or replacement.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.