1911Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Kimber Stainless Pro Carry ll, and am looking for new grips. I have relatively small hands, and was wondering how the VZ slim grips would work out. And what style for IWB carry? I've never used or seen them in person. Any thoughts/advise would be appreciated

·
Registered
70 Posts
I had a set of slim starburst grips made for my Kimber and like them. Can't recall the maker right off hand. I have smaller hands and the slim grips fit them well.

·
Registered
11,957 Posts
Just so you know, you'll need to replace your grip bushings to use the slim VZ grips. That may be a more involved process than you were planning on doing.

For use against your skin, GatorBacks or 320's would probably be the smoothest. They should both offer decent grip, yet not be too uncomfortable against your skin.

A simple, inexpensive option to try out thinner grips without changing the grip bushings is Ergo Grips. http://ergogrips.net/products/handgun-grips/1911-pistol-grips/standard-1911-grips.html

They are a little thinner than standard grips, but still use standard grip bushings and screws. They are relatively inexpensive and available at several retailers such as Brownell's, etc.

Here is an article from the late Stephen A. Camp http://www.hipowersandhandguns.com/falcon_industries_1911_ergo_grip.htm

·
Premium Member
14,685 Posts
I have a Kimber Stainless Pro Carry ll, and am looking for new grips. I have relatively small hands, and was wondering how the VZ slim grips would work out. And what style for IWB carry? I've never used or seen them in person. Any thoughts/advise would be appreciated
not intimately familiar with the Pro Carry
But if it didn't come from the factory with thin grips, you'll need to replace the grip screw bushings with thin grip bushings .

They're not unreasonably expensive ('bout $14 bukz a set) and not beyond the average DIY'er to replace .
You'll also need thin grip screws (another $8-10 bukz)

as far as VZ's, they're a quality product and come in many styles from "rip your flesh off" cheese graters, to not so bad

EDIT..OOPS...JTQ beat to me to the draw .
Didn't intend to be redundant

and his info is solid as well (as usual)

..L.T.A.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks folks. I pulled the trigger on a set of VZ Elite Tactical Carry, slims, with super scoop. Added new bushings, screws and o-rings. They shipped today. I will review when I receive them and try them out. Thanks again!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts