1911Forum banner

41 - 60 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
My J frame is the old Model 36, purchased in 1967 as an on duty backup, and off duty carry. Usually with no holster, in my front pants pocket.
Now I have a generic IWB holster. Rarely carry it, but it’s nice and light and small.

PS. For CCW here in Cali., we must qualify with each gun on the permit, every two years. I recently re-qualified the M36, double action, all shots on the qualifying ring.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Model 60 w/ IWB holster. When I first got the gun, I couldn't hit crap with it. Put on a Tyler grip adapter and it suddenly shot great. I've taken partridge, porcupines, a rabbit, and even a mouse at about 30' with the little stainless gun.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Great combination

I usually carry a compact S&W 1911. I like it very much, compact(compared to the Commander I carried for 20 years), reliable and pretty accurate. I also am very happy to have a model 36 J-frame for those times when I need something more concealable. I like a crossdraw holster or a pocket holster used with a vest or coat. Lots of good ammo choices available for the .38, I do consider the J-frame to be a close range weapon.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I don't EDC a J frame but when I do carry a one it's a 642 for urban areas and a 60-15 for the outdoors.

·
Registered
255 Posts
When I carry it (generally while wearing shorts), it's a M60-9 in a Tucker Gunleather pocket holster.

·
Registered
291 Posts
With a wheel gun is either one of my D frame Colt detective specials. Or more often than not the Cobra will get the nod for carry as it weighs about nothing. They are much easier for me to shoot than a J frame.
Nice! Aren't options grand?? :rock:
----
Great thread. I pocket-carry an M49 (a real Bodyguard :D ) in an old leather holster. A Tyler T-Grip makes it a nice blaster. But for the price of .38, this would actually be one of my favorite plinkers. Once, I was able to ring a steel plate at 100yd like a bell!
I swapped a stainless Airweight Centennial for it, because I wanted the SA capability, and didn't find the weight difference noticeable.

·
Registered
483 Posts
640-2 in a pocket holster when I can't carry on the belt. Pistol is loaded with Hornady 125 gr .357. I carry two speed loaders with 124 gr .38S +p. Because occasionally one of my Model 60s rotate in.

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
For the last 10+ years it's been my Pinnacle 360J .38spl/9mm convertible usually in a renegade ankle holster or a Bianchi 152 pocket holster in my back pocket.

·
Registered
377 Posts
S&W M637 in a Galco IWB clip on. I usually clip it on between pants and belt and wear my shirt out. Takes just a few seconds to be armed for a quick trip to gas station or store when I don't have the ambition to properly "suit up" with a 1911..

·
Registered
4,093 Posts
I used to carry my 442 every day.

Pocket carry in a DeSantis Nemesis holster.

Since buying a P938....I seldom carry it anymore. Heck, the P938 can ride in the same holster when not in the SuperFly.

The trigger, sights and fast reloads are mighty nice. I'm much more accurate with it, too.

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
These are my current carry revolvers.
20160724_071920 by Slick_Rick77, on Flickr

These are the holsters they reside in.
20160724_072120 by Slick_Rick77, on Flickr

The Airweights are primarily used as backup pieces to 1911's and the 649 is my deep concealment piece. That big one is an exceptional shooter, and doubles as a BBQ gun and viable carry option when dressed appropriately.

I enjoy shooting them all...the J's just get fired in moderation in order to keep them fun.

They will be joined shortly by a 66-8 2.75."

·
Registered
147 Posts
I carry a 642 Airweight with lock, (a.k.a. 'the Hillary Hole') in a Galco IWB holster.

I just bought another 642 and Blackhawk OWB holster for my son for his 21st B-day coming up.

·
Registered
114 Posts
My BUG is a S&W 642 no lock wearing Crimson Trace grips riding in a Galco suede pocket holster. I say BUG, but it is in my front pants pocket even when unable to carry my EDC DW Guardian for one reason or another. I find the 642 extremely accurate at around 15 yards. Have been carrying it 24/7 daily for nearly 20 years as you can tell from the Galco.

Attachments

41 - 60 of 94 Posts