1911Forum banner

61 - 80 of 94 Posts

·
Administrator
10,875 Posts
I don't EDC a J-frame anymore, but I will sometimes still carry a 342 in a Mika pocket holster or a 442 with a Barami hip grip.

·
Premium Member
160 Posts
Model 40 (+P rated ) Centennial classic with Craig Spiegal Macassar ebony smooth boot cut grips front pocket in a thin brown dress sock ( that's right..) It is not immediately recognizable as a gun if removed from the pocket --yet allows me to fire thru the sock if needed. Goes in my strong side jacket pocket for fall/winter thus allowing my hand to be on the gun while concealed if approached. Yes --I do hold a ccw license.

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
I used to carry a Model 38 in a pocket holster a lot. The hunchback and small grips helped hide the fact it was a gun in my pocket.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Summer weather, shorts & no cover garment... my 442 is in my pocket in an Uncle Mikes pocket holster. I also have a Barsony pocket holster. The shape of the Uncle Mikes fits some pockets better and the Barsony some others.

Attachments

·
Registered
588 Posts
I notice that many of you with a 442 or 642 use the Desantis Nemesis.

I have one and found the gun to hang up while drawing. If the gun canted forward a little it would catch on the seam around the edge of the holster. Not Good for me. I would figure more people would have had the same issue.

The good part is the same holster does work well with my Model 638.

Mike

·
Registered
9,052 Posts
A 657 when I can't carry even the Officer Size 1911 in a mundane IWB holster. Okay, there may be hammerless, snag free revolvers but a belt holster is quicker than a pocket in my testing.

I enjoy shooting them all...the J's just get fired in moderation in order to keep them fun.[/QUOTE

Yep, a just under +p load of AA#2 behind a 158gr LSWC is an impressive load when launched from an airweight snubby. A 4" -66, not so much...God, why did you let me pass on that snubby -66?

{bangs head on wall}

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
A 657 when I can't carry even the Officer Size 1911 in a mundane IWB holster. Okay, there may be hammerless, snag free revolvers but a belt holster is quicker than a pocket in my testing.

I enjoy shooting them all...the J's just get fired in moderation in order to keep them fun.[/QUOTE

Yep, a just under +p load of AA#2 behind a 158gr LSWC is an impressive load when launched from an airweight snubby. A 4" -66, not so much...God, why did you let me pass on that snubby -66?

{bangs head on wall}
There'll be another along!

·
Registered
174 Posts
Airweight 637-2 lightened up another two ounces with titanium cylinder and
2018-10-10 12.46.51.jpg
reamed for 9mm with moonclips.

·
Registered
702 Posts
When I carry a J frame it is my 642 in a coat pocket or my robe pocket. When I carry a revolver on a belt it is my SP101 w/3" barrel loaded with Remington 125 grain SJHP.

·
Registered
483 Posts
I regularly carry a 640-2 or a Model 60 no dash In a Mika pocket holster or OWB.

·
Premium Member
3,331 Posts
I carry a 340SC in a 2aholster.com AIWB. I have a few model 60's but use them for training others, not CCW. I also started carrying my 327 Performance Center with a 1 7/8" barrel. 8 shot in a shiny new Kaos AIWB holster.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Even though this is a "zombie thread" brought back to life. Mine is a 342PD - My wife bought it for me 20 something years ago for a Valentine's present and I have carried it ever since. I usually carry it OWB, but it works in a pocket, on the ankle, IWB, fanny pack, etc. My wife calls it "American Express" because I never leave home without it. Referring to a very old credit card commercial for those too young to understand the reference.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Either a 637 with Crimson Trace or a Model 60, 3 inch. The model 60 shoots 158 grain ammo to over 1,200 fps for over 500 foot pounds. Quite a little boomer for 24 ounces.

61 - 80 of 94 Posts