81 - 94 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
View attachment 561076

637 with laser grips.

25 yards using the Irons.

David
I have the same gun carry as a spare. My wife seldom carries hers when we go together around town, the 637 with Crimson tags along as a spare. Actually had a situation late one night where my bro in law and his wife were visiting from out of state and we were sight seeing after dark. A group rolled up and it looked like a robbery was going to happen. I handed him the spare 637 only to have him said, thanks, I have my 9 (9mm).

They saw the gun in my hand, heard us, then suddenly decided we were not an appropriate group to confront. Two old guys and two old women looked pretty safe to rob, until then. Pretty funny, but it might not have been.

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
A S&W 642 in either a Renegade ankle, Bianchi Speedmaster, or Uncle Mikes pocket holster. Spare loads of CorBon DPX are in speed strips.

·
Registered
66 Posts
642 for me when I'm not carrying an all-steel Commander length 1911. I just finished cleaning and lubricating this little thing. It's simply amazing how pocket carrying will somehow get lint into the internals-it still finds a way!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
14,912 Posts
How do you guy like your CT's? I have CT's on several of my revolvers and love them. But, I also have a set on my 638 and find it very difficult to activate. Cen't seem to get enough grip pressure to depress the activation button with my middle finger when firing. Do you have the same problem. Any tips or tricks to deal with it?

·
Registered
12,229 Posts
How do you guy like your CT's?
Love them on the 642 and 340, never had a laser activation issue, but they’re the larger LG305’s. Mine came with the smaller LG405’s, but I gave them to a friend because they were too small for me, never had them long enough to evaluate the laser activation.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Love them on the 642 and 340, never had a laser activation issue, but they’re the larger LG305’s. Mine came with the smaller LG405’s, but I gave them to a friend because they were too small for me, never had them long enough to evaluate the laser activation.
My background is law enforcement and military. I never cared for lasers, a good way to get shot when you light one up. Now retired and not searching buildings, I like them a lot. For new shooters they make all the difference on 2 inch J frame guns. I have been CCW instructor for over 25 years and find that short revolvers are just hard for new people to shoot, especially with one hand hold. Remember most defensive shooting are at night, and many involve only one hand, you have a phone, a dog, a flashlight or a kid in the offhand, so one hand shooting is a critical skill. With the laser, they all see the wobble factor and can move the point of aim where it needs to be. So, for every new shooter, I highly recommend them. I also have one on a 1911-22 that I use to shoot varmints at night, snakes and skunks mostly. The laser makes it easy.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Smith 340PD, every day.

Either a pocket holster or a Galco Gun Glove Ankle holster

·
Registered
32 Posts
mp360 for me, every day in the warmer months. it's a commander in the colder months, for now. and a 637 for the missus when she carries.

81 - 94 of 94 Posts