1911Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to get two new mags for my Stainless II. I have heard that Wilson Combat mags are good for Kimbers. I want to get mags that are flush with the bottom of the handle (like the stock Kimber mag is). From the looks of Wilsons catalog, I would need the 47DC which has a 'low profile steel pad.'

The 47C is the same but in 7-rd. Anyone know which functions better in a Kimber?

If anyone has this mag and can show a pic of the bottom of the handle with it installed, please do! I want to see how it fits.

Also, are there any good places to buy mags from online? The Wilson Combat web site is not bad at $31.95 for the 47DC.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Any of the Wilson mags are a great replacement to the Kimber mags, I also would look around at other web dealers for a better price on them. Wilson will always be higher to not under price there distributers.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have two of Wilson's 47 mags with the optional low aluminum bases. While not flush with the bottom of the grip, they don't extend down far. Personally, I prefer to have this bit of pad hanging low for a more positive insertion.

·
Registered
80 Posts
have you looked at the new Kimpro mags? I just got two of them the other day and they look great, I have to try them out this weekend

·
Registered
39 Posts
The reason I ask, is that metal followers have been blamed for gouging the feed ramps on aluminum framed pistols. I'd use nothing but a plastic follower (Wilson) in a alum. framed piece.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Suggestion...

I like the 47DC's for carry and a 47D reload. The small base pad on the 47DC is not prominent and should not interfere with concealment, but it is very nice to ensure positive insertion. The larger base for the 47D merely allows for a more rapid reload and more positive insertion in the mag well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts