1911Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to buy a few more magazines. Which do your CBOB like the best and where's the best place to get them? I prefer 8 rounders. My stock DW mags work great.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Well just bought a chip mccormick mag 8rnd mag. It seems to work better with seven rounds instead of 8...When I have 8 loaded in my CMC or DW mags i cannot rack the slide back to load the round into the chamber....Im taking it the springs arent strong enough? the bullet is kinda just stuck in the magazine and blocks the slide from going into battery (the base of the bullet hangs up whe firing pin comes out of the frame (not sure what that is called) when initiated...It's pi**ing me off. I thought chip McCormick's would of been better? I guess I need Wilson Combat 47's!!

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Full Ones! :rock: :biglaugh:

·
Banned
2,416 Posts
There are many that will "work", but since you are buying new ones anyway.... I would highly recommend Tripp CobraMags. I believe they are the best mag available, period.

They do cost a little more, but well worth it.

·
Banned
4,761 Posts
There are many that will "work", but since you are buying new ones anyway.... I would highly recommend Tripp CobraMags. I believe they are the best mag available, period.

They do cost a little more, but well worth it.
Yep...Tripp CobraMags.

·
Registered
662 Posts
For me - CMC Powermags, Wilson Combat 47D and Kimber's Pro Mag work fine in my Patriot.

·
Registered
501 Posts
I'm a big fan of Tripp Cobra Mags myself. Never a problem with them. Recently, when using the DW mags that came with my CBOB, the slide has failed to lock back after the last round a few times. It doesn't do that with my Tripps, or the DW mags that came with my Valor.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Mine runs well with Wilson 47D, Kimber Tac Pro and CMC Power Mags (I have 6 of these and no problems with any of them). I have heard good things about the Tripp Cobra Mags; but, I don't see the need to get anything new since what I have is working well.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
That's the one. A word of caution though, the 8 rounders will not fit flush with the bottom of the CBOB - they will stick out by the width of the plastic part (~1/4"). I carry the seven round, welded bottom, in the gun, and two of the eight rounders in my mag holder.
Do any of the 8 rounders fit flush (besides the DW ones that it comes with)?

·
Registered
277 Posts
Do any of the 8 rounders fit flush (besides the DW ones that it comes with)?
Chip McCormick Shooting Stars. I have some stainless 8 rounders that fit flush and function fine. That being said, I like the design of the Checkmate mags better.

Jason

·
Premium Member
1,063 Posts
I'm running the flush fit (metal base) CMC 8 rounders as well. They seem to function fine. Wilson 47Ds also work well but the 8 rounders do not sit flush in my CBOB.

·
Banned
13,564 Posts
Which Magazine does my CBOB like???

Heh heh....I left mine alone the other day, I came back in the room and there's the November Playboy layin next to it.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Which Magazine does my CBOB like???

Heh heh....I left mine alone the other day, I came back in the room and there's the November Playboy layin next to it.
:rofl: Careful, NK gets mad when others tell the funny jokes. :biglaugh:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts