1911Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a little advice on my next mag purchase. I have a Kimber Custom Classic which was giving me some feeding problems so I purchased a Wilson 47C mag and walah,end of feeding problem. My dilema is I'd like to get some more but I'm planning on adding an extended magwell,from Wilson, and was wondering what would be the best, the.350" basepad or the .625".I want it long enough to get a good "seat" with the magwell extension but not longer than neccessary.Also don't know whether to stick with the 7-rounders or the eights? Are the plastic base pads easily broken? Fear of this is why I originally went with the metal base pads but I know the low profile "steel" base pads would be harder to seat. Any advice would be appreciated.

·
Banned
14,948 Posts
The average shooter probably will not be able to reload any better or faster with an extended baseplate. Therefore, I would suggest getting the low profile steel plate. They are no harder to seat than any other baseplate, just use the heel of your support hand, and shove them home. The plastic ones tend to get brittle over time, and I have seen a couple that have cracked.

My personal choice is 8 rd. Wilsons, but a certain individual has recently cast some doubts on the reliability of this mag. There are thousands of professionals that use and count on the Wilson 8 rd. mags everyday and have not been let down (myself included). The 8 rd. mags are FINE.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts