1911Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Considering a .45 1911a1 colt, would like a deep blued finish with dark walnut grips just like the commercial ones after ww2. So what model should I be looking at?

Got $1k for my budget

Thanks

·
Administrator
72,996 Posts
Series 70 reproduction. It's the closest thing made to the Colts made immediately after WW2.

·
Registered
3,125 Posts
+1 on the above and walnut grips are not hard to find and are the easiest things to be swapped out.

·
Registered
23,173 Posts
Yes what dsk said. They have Titanium firing pins for drop protection by the way so are safer and the sights (to me) are better. In gunstores down here they are $1.1K but I am sure they are less on line. I picked up one in SS a couple years ago since they never made the originals in SS and I know that is not what you want. I did change the grips but the fit and finish on this guy is nice and grips are easy to change, so find ones you love.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Personally, I'd buy what I like; as we all have our favorites.

·
Administrator
72,996 Posts
Personally, I'd buy what I like; as we all have our favorites.
The OP secifically requested:

Considering a .45 1911a1 colt, would like a deep blued finish with dark walnut grips just like the commercial ones after ww2.
The new Series 70 reproductions are almost identical to the early post-war commercial Colts aside from the taller sights and rollmarks. And has already been said changing the grips to walnut would be easy. Nobody else makes a decent polished blue 1911 in the sub-$1000 price range.

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
dsk is on the money with this!

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Yep, the Series 70 reproduction is the closest you'll get to the classic Colt 1911A1 pistol.

Oh wait, it is the classic Colt 1911A1.:rock:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts