1911Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently received my new Eclipse Pro II and really love the looks of this all SS gun. I have a buddy that likes my Pro ..likes the feel and size and the way it shoots. What he asked me is what model Kimber does he want to have most/all of the Eclipse features (NS, all SS, etc) but has the natural SS finish.. (Looks SS not the eclipse darken SS coating)..

I do not know the Kimber line that well but seems I saw one that has the Eclipse features Pro version yet was the regualr SS finish/appearance.

Any ideas?? thanks

PS - I think he is NUTS the Eclipse finish looks great .. but guess that is why they make the various versions <g>

·
Registered
48 Posts
Well there's the Compact Stainless II:

Or the Stainless Pro Carry II:

You can go to the KIMBER website for more info.

I also have the Eclipse Pro and it is a sweet piece.

·
Premium Member
20,440 Posts
The Pro-Carry HD-II has the stainless steel frame.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Kimbers like the Pro Eclipse

There are no other Kimbers exactly like the Eclipse Pro II. The Stainless Pro Carry II with night sights has the alloy frame and lists for $104 less than the Eclipse. The Pro Carry HD II is an all stainless model but is not offered from Kimber with night sights and lists for $31 less than the Stainless Pro carry II. The Tactical Pro II probably comes closest to the Eclipse Pro II in options but it also has the alloy frame. It lists for only $6 more than the Eclipse Pro II. Check out the entire Kimber line at www.kimberamerica.com. Good luck.

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
ddphelp

Have your friend fololw the link Who Me provided, as mentioned earlier the base pistol for the Eclipse Pro II is the Pro Carry HDII. After he has looked at the base pistol, have him look at the options available by returning the pistol to Kimber in the "Custom Shop" (look for Custom Shop Modifications). Kimber will install fixed night sights for $100, and cut 30 line per inch checkering for $150, so for $250, plus shipping, on top of the pistol price he could have the features he likes.

Str8_Shot

Edited to show the latest custom work prices.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts