1911Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok. I bought the Kimber COmpact SS II. This little gun shoots great .. not a failure of anytype in about the firsy 200 rds. Finish looks good and I even like the rubber feel of the grips. Ido however, want to add night sights.

In a separate post I asked for opinions about nightsights as to if they are really needed... Like most everything else I got opinions both ways BUT the far majority say get night sights and i tend to agree.

Now the question... Since I am going to add night sights should I just go with sending it into Kimber and lettig them nstall the rugulat NS that Kimber sells?

Or.. since I have to do it anyway should I go with another brand or type? I had a P220 I added Trijicon NS to and I liked the white ring around the tubes for daytime shooting..I know there are also different colors for front and back,,

Ok.. what are the opinions?>> Should I go with Kimber or install locally with another brand/type
tnx

·
Registered
124 Posts
I tried Trijicons. They shot about 6" low at 15 yards.
To Trijicon's credit, they eventually fixed them, but it took 15 months of emails and two returns to their factory.

Luckily, I have a few other pistols, so I knew it wasn't just me, and I was able to tell Trij. just exactly how far off the heights of their "Kimber" sights were. Maybe they have it permanently fixed now. I don't know. But I would be strongly inclined to use the Kimber OEM nightsights if i were to think about changing them again.

·
Premium Member
20,303 Posts
Kimber now controls Meprolight, and those are the sights you'll get. They warranty them, so that's a good thing. I've got them on a few guns. My favorites though are Novak's Bar-Dot. They will also stand behind their product.

·
Registered
142 Posts
http://www.aosights.com/handgun_sights.html. I just put a set of these on my Kimber Stainless Compact II and really like then as opposed to a three dot set up. The slide on the Kimber is pretty much the same as yous, so you'll have an idea of what mine look like. I had them installed locally for something like 25.00. I have the big dots, and as stated in previous topics, they aren't too good for precision target shooting due to the large front sight. I like them though and can;t really think of using any other type of sight. When I get my Bulgarian Makarov this weekend, I plan on putting a set of their small dot day sights on.

Robert.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts