1911Forum banner

Which sights on a 1911 commander for carry?

• Plain rear, front night sight

Votes: 9 19.6%
  • X/S Big Dot night sights

Votes: 5 10.9%
  • Heinie Straight 8's

Votes: 7 15.2%
  • Bar Dot

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • 3 Dot night sights

Votes: 16 34.8%
  • Other

Votes: 7 15.2%
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Heinie or Novak

Low profile. I think, for me would be to use a Tritium front sight with a non-Tritium rear. This would be for my carry sd pistol.

Sorry,
I just noticed the poll. Well plain rear night sight front.

·
Super Moderator
EDC: SIG P938.
22,290 Posts
My Commander has plain, black sights. If it was going to be my daily carry, I'd substitute a fiber-optic front. I've shot with a FO front in all lighting conditions, and find it the best all-around sight. Even shooting in low or no light, I like the fiber, as it glows much brighter than ambient light until light levels are quite low, and when it's dark enough that I can't see the glow, I can't see the target, either. Night sights do make it easier to hit in the dark, but I don't know that I should be shooting in the dark just because I can. If I always had a light with me, for positive ID of threats, I might be more likely to go with night sights.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
24/7 STANDARD Dot...they are great for all round use, especially when you have over 40 eyes.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Novak for EVERYTHING.

·
Registered
13 Posts
novak plain blk rear with tritium front. Went to this system in early 90's and all my 1911's, for carry or range are so equipped. Night firing scores are about equal w/ 3 dot system, but slightly faster times. Great in daylight because myself and students i've taught naturally concentrate on front sight. just my experience.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts