1911Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It will be to replace my mini mag light and for HD. There are so many, I am a little confused.

Thanks in advance,

Mike

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
You don't give much information. I am personally of the "brighter is better" group and usually that means just turning on the lights. However, I have a Z3 that uses 3-3 volt batteries. I am not sure if they make the particular model or not. That is not the issue. Generally, more batteries means more light until you get up in the really high $$ versions that allow less light and more time or more light and less time. The Z3 runs for about an hour, total time. With most of the high intensity lights, you don't want to run them for very long at a single time. I tend to do several short illuminations of 30 seconds to maybe a minute. The lights are great for looking for a person or a pet, but not searching for 20 minutes looking for a lost set of keys in high grass. In that case, the mag light is really a better option.

·
Registered
838 Posts
As Double said, we need a little more info to give you an informed reply.

First of all.. how much would you like to spend. Surefire has a light to fit all budget.

If you are looking at something that's comparable in size to your Mini Mag, then either a M2(US$150, best 2 3v flashlight) on the higher end, Z2(US$90, with the combat grip) or the original 6P(US$80).

For something a little bigger, you can not do better then the M3 Millennium Combatlight(US$225). The Z3(US$110) as suggested is also a great choice.

The CandlePower Forum has more info then you would ever need on flashlights.

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi

HTH

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
Currently, most distributors are selling the 6P at very good prices, due I think to the fact that there are newer models available. This has made the "old" standard 6P a best buy in my view.

·
Administrator
18,583 Posts
Moving to General Non-Firearms.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.