1911Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if this is a repeat, but I'm new to this and want to buy the right timer so I can practice correctly....THANKS IN ADVANCE!!! Maybe I should ask which one does the USPSA and IDPA use???? THANKS AGAIN!!!:)

·
Registered
214 Posts
Most of the guys and clubs around me use "PACT Club Shot Timer" they are extremely simple to operate. Another plus is the the tone is noticeable louder and quicker to pickup than the other timers.

Good luck

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
I like my Pact the best, everything on the main screen and a loud beep.

The Competition electronics can be set up with everything on the first screen and is decent as well.

The CED 8000 can do more than any other timer can do, I also like the remote board display when ROing at matches (same stage) but if I am not using the board I generally get a different timer out.

The CED 7000 is the only timer I sold. The negatives are build in battery, it dies at a match you need another timer not another 9v battery.

The buzzer sucks for anyone with high frequency hearing loss (like myself) it must be at 3KHz because I can not hear it unless held inches from my ear. When I start other shooters with one I never hear the beep myself.

Why they chose to use a display cover that make it difficult to impossible to read (the wrist watch sized) LCD wearing polorized glasses is beyond me, no other timer is like this.

The R U Ready is likely the most rugged timer of them all. It certainly is the best for picking up quite rifles and pistols like rimfires or suppressed firearms. Also the best at avoiding echos. Tiny display and goofy start procedure makes me only use it when other timers are "picking up" more or fewer shots than actually fired.

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
YEP, just thinking same thing!!! Four suggestions???? OK thanks, I guess.........

·
Registered
123 Posts
CED7000 is better for personal use / practice (its easier to set par times, random start, auto stores last 10 strings, etc.). Pocket Pro II is better for match use (bigger screen, single side button to start, uses 9V battery).

I have both, if I could only afford one I would get the CED7000.

·
Registered
21,769 Posts
The CEDs are good for practice because they have a ten string memory so you can run the same drill repeatedly and then review for consistency.

·
Registered
9,139 Posts
This one works best for the way I shoot...

Attachments

·
Registered
404 Posts
The "Pact" does everything I need it to do and is intuitive to use. Our IDPA club uses them exclusively, but there are certainly other good timers.

·
Premium Member
5,309 Posts
I've been using the same Pact timer for about 20 years, all I've done is change batteries.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts