1911Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am ready to make my first Kimber purchase but I'm not sure which to get. I am considering the Eclipse Pro II or the Full size Eclipse. I am leaning toward the Pro as a carry gun but I wanted your advice. Is the full size to big for a concealed carry piece?
Thank you!

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
I have no problem carrying a full sixe 1911. A proper holster is the key. (I like Milt Sparks)

·
Registered
820 Posts
This all depends on your body and your choice of clothing. I prefer to carry my fullsize Kimber Custom. I have no problem concealing it with a mid length coat. In the summer I use my Kimber Ultra Carry. I am about 5'11" and 185lbs. You need to decide what is right for you. What type of clothing you wear and what just feels right in your hand. A Pro Carry size Kimber is only going to give you a shorter barrel. The grip size is the same. This may be all you need, if you don't generally wear long clothing. Some people feel that the grip is the hardest thing to conceal. These people would benefit more with a compact or ultra size gun. This maybe better suited for you if you wear tighter clothing. There are many factors to consider when purchasing a CCW. Climate in your area is one to think about. For me and where I live, I prefer the fullsize. It is extra piece of mind (and extra velocity) knowing that my gun is in its original configuration. The size it was intended to be. My two pennies. Your results may very. :)
Merry Christmas

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
I have carrying full size 1911s for 30years. If you dress properly there is no problem, winter or summer. I am 6'1",220 and now carry a Kimber Custom Tactical II, spare mag, S&W 340sc in pocket, Emerson CQC7B Wave in a Rapid Deployment Sheath, cell phone and a SureFire 6z in a BladeTech Techlock carrier all at the same time.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I alternate between the Para Tac-Four at 14 rounds, the Ultra II at 8 rounds and the Royal Custom. I notice a big difference in the carry between the Ultra and the others. It is purely weight. and length. The Ultra is easier to carry in wasteband and in a belt slide. The other thing that you have to make your mind up about is whether or not you have the tolerance that it takes to carry. It will mean a slight change in dressing habits. There are also times that I just carry a P22 Walther in pocket or ankle holster, but feel nekkid without a .45.

Jess

1 - 5 of 5 Posts