1911Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which do you prefer Winchester "white box" or Federal American Eagle and why? This ammo will be used primarily for target shooting and IDPA/IPSC events. The cost for each is exactly the same here. My guns like both brands as well.

------------------

·
Registered
71 Posts
Originally posted by oldcolt:
Which do you prefer Winchester "white box" or Federal American Eagle and why? This ammo will be used primarily for target shooting and IDPA/IPSC events. The cost for each is exactly the same here. My guns like both brands as well.

I've shot both and I prefer white box.
AE is too dirty in my experience.
I've gone over 500 rounds without cleaning and without a FTE or FTF in my Beretta 8045 firing white box.
But I start getting malfunctions after 200 to 300 of AE.

Accuracy was about the same with either.
For contests I would go with match grade ammo.

·
Registered
594 Posts
I'm ok with AE.
Never had a problem with it but Soujurn is right in that it is a little more dirty.

------------------
Homepage

·
Registered
105 Posts
I like the AE better because the cases are Federal and they seem to reload better than any other brand for me. The primer pockets are very uniform feeling when I seat the primers and they last as long as any other case I've tried. I usually lose them before they wear out.

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
My Kimber shoots AE better than Winchester. If I weren't reloading, I'd probably stick with American Eagle. Those nice little groups make me feel good.

------------------
If God didn't want us to own guns, why did He make the 1911?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts