1911Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm talking about the bottom gun in the picture. Is this a type of sight that comes this way or has someone blended a Bo-Mar or other brand into the slide? I think it looks pretty nice and was curious how they did it.

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
Interesting... It's not a Bomar though...

Notice, back by the blade, there is no adjustment screw for windage. Normally, the captive end show's on the port (left) side, and here, it's solid or flush. Also, the rear blade appears to be pretty verticle, and not angle to the rear for glare reduction.

It may be a clone, something possible where the Bomar leaf is set into a special mount, but regardless, the blending of the mount to round the leading edge is a nice tough.

Still, the newer Low Mount versions of the Bomar's, and even Wilson's adjustable sight seem to sit much lower, and have less exposed area, providing a slightly cleaner look, rather than the "tumor" approach.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was just about to say that! Well, if I can't figure out what kind of sight it is, maybe I can just grind a little off my Bo-mars if I decide I like that look enough and that it's worth the trouble.

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
Looks too beefy to be a Bomar. My guess is that it is a Wichita, (it looks like one anyway) though I don't believe they are being made anymore.

Tony

------------------
Milt Sparks Holsters, Inc.
www.miltsparks.com
[email protected]
Second Best is not an option

·
Banned
14,948 Posts
Dang crappy low-resolution monitors at work!

Upon further examination at home (on a decent monitor) jaydee is right - there is no windage screw! Not a Bo-mar.....

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Yeah after really looking...definitely not a bomar...almost looks like an Aristocrat PPC sight, but its not..so I'm stumped

·
Registered
563 Posts
It looks like an ugly job of melting a Bo-Mar but who cares? It looks awful but on plastic guns I don't think it matters.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts