1911Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Specifically, its Jericho that supplies the frames for Wilson Combat. Caspian supplies the light railed frames for Wilson Combat.

Jericho happens to be owned by Kimber. Jericho is a separate entity.

So, Kimber does not supply frames to Wilson Combat, Jericho does.

That is what I understand today. I heard a rumor that Wilson now produces their own frames. Any truth to that?

Anybody?

·
Registered
544 Posts
From what I've heard, Wilson is or about ready to produce their own and within a few months we should be seeing them.

KB seems to be in contact with Wilson on this issue and would probably have a better answer.

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
S&W makes the raw forging blanks for Kimber. Kimber then machines the forging oversized for Wilson. Wilson then does finally fitting at their facility.

Jericho was bought out by Kimber several years ago, so Jericho does not exist any longer. The light rail frames for Wilson are made by Caspian. Rumor has been that Wilson is going to start making their own slides and frames.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Dwolf00 said:
S&W makes the raw forging blanks for Kimber. Kimber then machines the forging oversized for Wilson. Wilson then does finally fitting at their facility.

Jericho was bought out by Kimber several years ago, so Jericho does not exist any longer.
Didn't know that Jericho isn't no longer a separate entity. Good to know...

Thanks.:)

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
I did a search here on Jericho and I stand corrected. Jericho is owned by Kimber America, as is Meprolight (a night sight manufacture).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts