1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Picked this up today. A Taurus 431 in .44 Special. Gun is in great condition. Good blueing, great grips, locks up tight, and has the best trigger of any Taurus I ever handled. Will be a fine trail gun.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Beautiful. That's a great find! Congrats.

I see it came with a "Tyler Grip"! ;)

Revolver people either love them or hate them. Impossible to buy new.
I really like mine. I bought it just before the old guy had a heart attack and turned the company over to his kids. So only one of my guns has it but I like it.

·
Registered
514 Posts
To the OP; Yes, I do love them! I thought that this post was to be a celebration of short barreled, major caliber revolvers but it seems to have turned into a list of reasons not to have/shoot them.

·
Registered
24,210 Posts
To the OP; Yes, I do love them! I thought that this post was to be a celebration of short barreled, major caliber revolvers but it seems to have turned into a list of reasons not to have/shoot them.
View attachment 607454
They certainly have their appeal. Neither one of my S&W model 29-4 3" guns is going anywhere soon. They will definitely get your attention on both ends when shooting them.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I love Big Bore Snubs...picked this one up when Taurus introduced them. Had a local smith bob the hammer and carried it as my Belly Gun. Bought a case of Federal 225gr semi wadcutter hollow points for about $7.50 a box(20 rounds) still have some left plus saved all the brass to reload. Locks up tight and is very accurate at across the room distance. Not sure what year these guns came out but I still have the gun magazine somewhere that had the review.

Attachments

·
Registered
146 Posts
I know the rounds in the picture are Winchester 225gr silver tips...bought several boxes of those when I could find them.

·
Registered
5,174 Posts
I’m not fond of snubbies I have a 2 3/4”/357 but that’s my only one, I prefer 4” barrels and up. I practice 25 yds to 100 yds at the range constantly. Elmer Keith made a 265 yd shot with. M29/4” barreled 44 mag.

·
Registered
3,057 Posts
Did they make T-grips for Taurus or are they made for S&W. I believe I read that Taurus once manufactured under contract for S&W and the frames are identical.
I have a Taurus 415 and the Smith K frame adapter fits it well.

As much as I like the Tyler T-Grip, ordering and receiving approaches the gestation period of an elephant. I use these guys (this guy, mmore exactly) as ordering and delivery is a breeze:
BK Grips | 2-Clip Grip Adapters for Revolvers

Coloring is "through and through" and it's a very hard epoxy. Which makes it easy to file on for fitting other guns. I've modified them to fit everything from a Colt Pocket Positive, Charter Arms Undercover, Ruger Redhawk and Schofield single action.

I still scrounge EBay for the Tylers, but for "just got another gun" I use BK.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts