1911Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
A 629 3" or Ruger Alaskan with Remington UMC 44 Magnum 180 grain SJHP is a hoot to shoot. The orange fireball is four feet in diameter and travels for at least three yards. Targets set at five yards visibly move.

Any time one of my friends starts flinching while shooting 9mm, they are forced to fire six rounds of Remington UMC. They stop flinching for the remainder of the session :)

·
Registered
173 Posts
I have a Taurus 415 and the Smith K frame adapter fits it well.

As much as I like the Tyler T-Grip, ordering and receiving approaches the gestation period of an elephant. I use these guys (this guy, mmore exactly) as ordering and delivery is a breeze:
BK Grips | 2-Clip Grip Adapters for Revolvers

Coloring is "through and through" and it's a very hard epoxy. Which makes it easy to file on for fitting other guns. I've modified them to fit everything from a Colt Pocket Positive, Charter Arms Undercover, Ruger Redhawk and Schofield single action.

I still scrounge EBay for the Tylers, but for "just got another gun" I use BK.
+1 on BK. I remember him just starting out years back on the S&W forum. Excellent product and service. Dealing with Tyler directly is an exercise in frustration and futility.

I've had quite a few big bore subs over the years. Nicest? S&W pre-lock 624 44 Special. Best? Ruger Alaskan 44 Mag ... built like B-17. Worst? S&W 396 Mountain Lite. If you ever want a numb arm and sore hand, dump five 44 Specials out of a 19 oz revolver. Never again. If you want to see a big bore snub enthusiast, check out Kentucky Ballistics on YouTube with his S&W 500 Magnum. :oops:

·
Registered
346 Posts
Taurus 455SS and the 450Ti, both in .45 Colt/.45 acp:

21 - 30 of 30 Posts