1911Forum banner

Who else “tucks things away” and ends up not being able to find them?

5522 149
Am I the only idiot that does this.
I just went out of town for the weekend and there was this oddball magazine sitting on my bench.
Hard to find, expensive etc so I figure I will just put it out of sight in the off chance some idiot breaks in and pockets it.

Two weeks later and that magazine is missing in action.
I have NO ideal where I might have thought was sufficiently ‘out of sight’.
So another episode of turning the house upside down to find the damn thing.

The worse ever was a BHP I stashed somewhere- it took me two years to find it..

I keep hoping on one of these searches I’ll find something another home owner here stashed up in the rafters.
THAT hasn’t happened yet but I’m still missing a case of 5.56 and an oddball magazine..
41 - 60 of 150 Posts

· Administrator
80,882 Posts
Well, the good news is that I did find those cleaning brushes today. Now to find the sight adjustment tool I've been looking for since last spring...

Reactions: earlwb

· Premium Member
1,683 Posts
I keep finding fairly expensive flashlights and knives I've misplaced ages ago right after I buy replacement flashlights and knives. Haven't misplaced a gun yet so there is a hope for me. Worst part is of course is driving thru a neighboring Communist state and remembering that you might've misplaced a high capacity mag or two of hollow points somewhere in a car.

· Registered
1,924 Posts
You been looking in my window ?

All I’ll add is that since my back overhaul last year I can’t remember ****e ! But it gives the family something to laugh about,,,,,,, now if I could just find one of my 12 10mm sockets !

· Premium Member
1,484 Posts
On a related note I recently found a few things for guns I don't even own...lol…thats when you know you have too much crap

· Registered
29,972 Posts
I keep finding fairly expensive flashlights and knives I've misplaced ages ago right after I buy replacement flashlights and knives. Haven't misplaced a gun yet so there is a hope for me. Worst part is of course is driving thru a neighboring Communist state and remembering that you might've misplaced a high capacity mag or two of hollow points somewhere in a car.
In the wrong set of circumstances, that one could really come back to bite you in the backside.

· Registered
89 Posts
Oh yes I hate it when my wife decides the place is too cluttered up.
She always starts with my stuff and puts it up. She gets sidetracked then never gets around to her stuff.
When we moved into this house, I packed up all my guns and ammo. It all went into my PU & camper shell along with my Tools. All the handguns back into the plastic cases they came in. Except a very old H&R 38, that had been my Grandmothers. I thought it was in a plastic glock box. Handguns went into the back floorboard of my truck. Long guns on the back seat, in blankets to keep them separated. Ammo in ammo cans and wood crates in the bed inside camper shell. Tools drills saws extension cords and misc. in the bed too. I am still running across and finding things that have been missing for two years. Along with stuff that has been put up since we have been here. I still have not found the old 38. It has never worked since I got it, just a keepsake, but I would like to know where it is.
I have a "Buck Tool" like a Leatherman. My In-Laws Gave it to me about 15 years ago. They are both gone now. I put it up back when we were still in Florida. I ran across it while I was looking for something else. I said there it is, now I know where it is, and I can put it in with my other knives. This was after we were here, so I know it is here. Now I still don't remember where it was.
I was too busy looking for whatever it was I was looking for to put it where I wanted to put it.
After listening to all of Yall I guess I'm just as bad or maybe words than anyone else.
If anyone finds my Buck Tool, or the 38 drop me a line. LOL

· Registered
385 Posts
The one I've done too many times recently is I'll leave my keys in the front door. Came in from town Friday, didn't go anywhere Saturday, or Sunday, Morning morning couldn't find my keys, opened the door to go look in the truck, and they were stuck in the front door lock all weekend....its times like this I'm glad I only see people 4 times a year tops.

· Registered
12 Posts
I just did it last week. I have a big tackle box full of ring sets and bases, went to put a scope on my anschutz 22 rifle and couldn’t find the box. So 30.00 later I had a ring set, found the box 2 days later. This is nowhere near the first time that happened.

· Premium Member
1,683 Posts
In the wrong set of circumstances, that one could really come back to bite you in the backside.
Tell me about it. I make a point of turning my car inside out anytime I head that way now. Of course it doesn't help when you take a wrong turn and end up in the communist state then you can just drive a speed limit and hope and pray.

· Registered
89 Posts
I find my Wife's keys in the door about once a week.
She loses her cell phone all the time. I have to call it so she can find it. I have threatened to but the TV Remote on a steel cable where she can't walk off with it. She just gives me a dirty look. I was watching a Football game one Saturday, she left to go to her sisters. When that game was over, I started looking for the remote. No luck, high and low no remote. Tried calling her cell, it rang in the kitchen. When she got back, I asked if her other sister got ahold of her. She said no why, I told her where you were. I asked about the remote she said you must have laid it somewhere. I looked in her purse, and low and behold. Must have thought it was your cell phone.

41 - 60 of 150 Posts