1911Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking about getting a AR-10 and was wondering if anyone had one and which model.
BTW, I have also considered the FAL for purchase as well.

Thanks,
Ybbeat

·
Super Moderator
7,806 Posts
I have an Eagle Arms AR-10 receiver. Haven’t built it up yet. Gonna be either a 243 or 22-250 for SOF precision Rifle. It will be scoped and have a heavy Kreiger barrel.

Tom
AF Shooting Team

·
Premium Member
2,130 Posts
I like the SR 25 better, but it is pricy and may not be available to civilians soon.

The AR 10 T's that I have work every time. the 308 shoots under moa. (fed gold match ammo) I have to do more load work for the .243 but I think it will shoot. The SR consistantly shoots 1/2 moa out to 500. (factory ammo, even better with handloads)

If you will be using a bipod you will want the floating handguard version.

Tom consider the 6mm 22-250 should be easier on barrels, recoil wise a good choice and the throat should last more than 2000 rounds.
geo ><>

·
Registered
87 Posts
I've had mine for a couple of years now. I have the 20inch flat top. It shoots very well and seems to like the Federal Gold Match the best.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I have two, An A2 20" and an A4 carbine 16". I had problems with A4 until Armalite sent different extractor spring to try, now no problems. Both are 1 1/2 - 2" rifles @ 100 yards. I'm sure I could improve with handloading.

·
Premium Member
2,130 Posts
Postban

quite a collection going there
which comp do you like as you seem to be into testing them

by the way ybbeat
the AR10 T in 243 turned out to shoot quite well. Crown the barrel realign the gas tube
open the hole in the barrel nut, polish the feed ramps on the barrel extension.
10 shot group into .7 at 100 yds
geo ><>

ps they did not seem to like the jewel trigger though. doubling in 243 is a bit more of a hand full when your not expecting it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts