1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Who has a Cz 75 or other non 1911 CZ

Is the CZ 75 or other variants the same.quality as our DanWesson? Looking for a less exspensive work week.carry peice and the CZ75 seams a better fit that my M&p...

·
Registered
157 Posts
I recently bought a P-01 and think it is a great gun and would make a good carry gun. I like it better than my M&P. It's a compact model. They can be had with either a safety or decocker. I have the decocker. It just fits my hand really well and is accurate. I can't compare it to a DW as I don't own one-YET. I've been looking for a PM9. I also like the full size CZ 75 but they are a little big for my hand. Still tempted to buy a Shadow but that's not a carry gun. I think for a gun that is less than half the price of a DW you can't go wrong. I probably own a dozen CZ rifles and think they are the best bang for the buck out there.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Take a good look at the PO-7 Duty and PCR. THE CZ-75. Though an Excellent gun is a bit heavy for daily carry when there are better options. THE PO-1 is good too.

·
Premium Member
5,385 Posts
CZ PCR for me. DeCocker, very grip friendly, like a 75bd but smaller, lighter.
Put on some thin grips and front Trijicon from www.czcustom.com it's a sweet CCW. A Trigger /action job from Master Eric Zinn, will make it a favorite and friends will be jealous.:p

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
I had the P-01 and it was not a reliable shooter, even after a trip back to CZ.I replaced it with a Stoeger Cougar which has been perfect from day one.

My favorite 9mm of all time was my CZ85. That pistol came under the heading of perfect in every way. My next 9mm will be a CZ75 SA.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
I had 4 non 1911 cz's at one time. The P01 and 75 Compact were great carry guns. I would look at the Rami or Rami-p for a compact/sub compact size.

·
Registered
29 Posts
CZs

I have a 75B, SP01 and Tactical Sport along with 6 or so 1911 DWs. The CZs are great reliable guns but are in the 'Duty Gun' category and are perfect for that. The models that I have are not guns you would want to carry all day long though since they are full size all steel guns. I have no experience with any of the smaller, lighter guns so cannot offer any comments on them. I do have a Ruger SR9C that is in my briefcase that I really like though.

You can't go wrong with the CZs though if you don't go the DW route.

Gary

·
Registered
31 Posts
CZ is the best kept secret in the shooting sports.
You won't be the envy of anybody but who cares when the gun runs flawless and is capable of out shooting just about everything else out there.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
I used to have a CZ 75 SP-01. It was a very tight gun (like a DW) and appeared to be a solid, well made pistol. However, I was not a fan of the trigger and 9mm quickly became boring for me to shoot so I upgraded to an RZ-10 and am very happy with my decision.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I used to have a CZ 75 SP-01. It was a very tight gun (like a DW) and appeared to be a solid, well made pistol. However, I was not a fan of the trigger and 9mm quickly became boring for me to shoot so I upgraded to an RZ-10 and am very happy with my decision.
Not knocking you but if you wanted a 1911 break/reset on your trigger you could have sent it to CZ custom. The RZ 10 is a completely different platform.
If someone asked me for 1911 info, I'm not going to start chiming in on how fabulous Glocks are. Which I would absolutely take the CZ over all day long.:D
I like my Para LDA as well, even though it doesn't have a typical 1911 trigger.
It just took some adjustment on my part. Some times it's not the weapon that needs the mod.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
I have an CZ85B. Nice pistol. The trigger smooths out with use, but the character really improves when you replace the main spring with a lower weight. Of course a trigger job and competition hammer can make for even more impressive results. Fit and finish is good, but not to the level of a Dan Wesson. Like the Dan Wesson it's a lot of bang for the buck, and represents a good value. Purchase a Kadet conversion kit and enjoy some 22LR fun and savings. The CZ platform is to Europe what the 1911 is to the US.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Not knocking you but if you wanted a 1911 break/reset on your trigger you could have sent it to CZ custom. The RZ 10 is a completely different platform.
You are correct in these statements. But it just comes down to the fact that I didn't like the trigger and I lost interest in 9mm. I bought the gun, I could do whatever I wanted with it. It didn't necessarily have to have a 1911 style trigger/feel. I just felt that, out of the box, the CZ 75 SP-01 trigger left much to be desired for me. Now, if the custom shop could have made it into 10mm pistol and cleaned up the trigger action, it might have been something I could work with.

But here we have a person who came onto the Dan Wesson forum to ask our opinion on CZ 75's or other non CZ 1911's. Like I said, the CZ 75 SP-01 that I had seemed to be nicely put together. It was definitely a solid gun--maybe a bit heavy for a carry piece with some of the other, lighter options out there. But I would think that for carry (especially for work), I would want at least a .40 S&W cartridge.

For that matter, I also have a S&W 1911 in .45ACP--the black one with the titanium firing pin. Probably around 350 rounds through it now and no hiccups at all. It's a great gun, but again, for carry, I think it may be a bit heavy/big.

·
Premium Member
347 Posts
I have a 75 Compact that I like a lot. I didn't care for the da/sa trigger so I swapped it out for a single action only. Very accurate and very reliable, I like it better than either my M&P or Glock 19.

·
Premium Member
495 Posts
I have several CZ 75's. I like them almost as much as my DW 1911's.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts