1911Forum banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
After doing a lot of hands on research and with no small amount of input from my sister, I surprised her by sending her first handgun to her, a compact CZ75. She loves the balance and the grip size, a good fit all the way round. In order for me to do that I had to be extremely confident in the quality and performance of the gun, I'd say that I succeeded.

·
Premium Member
1,255 Posts
I bought a CZ 75 P07 and I love it!!

Polymer frame 9mm with the Omega trigger, extremely accurate and eats everything I stuff in the magazine. So far 100% reliable. I want another CZ if I can make up my mind on which one to get.

The P07 doesn't have the crisp trigger of my DW's or other 1911's...but it's smooth and consistent. I like it!

·
Registered
117 Posts
I have a SP-01 & it's awesome. I don't like the new curved trigger when shooting DA but it doesn't bother me is SA. BTW, the SP-01 is a SA pistol unless you have a light strike & goes into DA, it's not your traditional DA/SA pistol.

·
Registered
31 Posts
You are correct in these statements. But it just comes down to the fact that I didn't like the trigger and I lost interest in 9mm. I bought the gun, I could do whatever I wanted with it. It didn't necessarily have to have a 1911 style trigger/feel. I just felt that, out of the box, the CZ 75 SP-01 trigger left much to be desired for me. Now, if the custom shop could have made it into 10mm pistol and cleaned up the trigger action, it might have been something I could work with.

But here we have a person who came onto the Dan Wesson forum to ask our opinion on CZ 75's or other non CZ 1911's. Like I said, the CZ 75 SP-01 that I had seemed to be nicely put together. It was definitely a solid gun--maybe a bit heavy for a carry piece with some of the other, lighter options out there. But I would think that for carry (especially for work), I would want at least a .40 S&W cartridge.

For that matter, I also have a S&W 1911 in .45ACP--the black one with the titanium firing pin. Probably around 350 rounds through it now and no hiccups at all. It's a great gun, but again, for carry, I think it may be a bit heavy/big.
Sorry if I came across like I had my snuggies bunched, that wasn't my intent.
i should have been more elaborate from the go.

I whole heartily agree that in the 75 platform/series the trigger seems to be its one shortcoming. OP don't misinterpret what I'm saying the trigger is absolutely fine on the gun. What it doesn't have is a 1911 trigger or a competition type of break trigger, and even that is easily remedied. Check out czcustom.com for all the sweetness that's available. Aside from the 1911, I honestly believe the 75 is one of the most versatile platforms to work with. Tactical to practical to Race gun, your good to go.

I know this is a 1911 forum but I will still welcome anybody that is looking for information regarding other firearms. Especially CZs... come on in, I know why you are here.

Honestly, aside from here and AR15.com there isn't much forum coverage for CZ's. Not that I've found anyways, I take it back, I did find one. It was so quiet, if you farted in a thread it took two days to hear an echo. For reals...

If you consider yourself a fan of Dan Wesson remember as goes CZ so goes DW. Meanwhile, I really like where they are going and wish them both continued success.

Peace

Kirk

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
No worries, Kirk (ZzyzyxRd). I just figured I'd elaborate a bit more--might help the OP or someone else reading this.

Yeah, there is a CZ forum that even has a DW section. It is quite dead. The AR15.com forum has a section on 10mm guns with some pretty knowledgeable folk. One guy there (intercooler) does and shares a lot of ammo testing. I bet many of those peeps are on this forum too. And so much for that.

·
Registered
925 Posts
While not particularly good for carry both my CZ's are super accurate and reliable BUT they are large. A Phantom and TSO. The TSO has a fantastic 2lb SA trigger but carrying a 3lb gun with 20 rounds can be a bit daunting. I think CZ has a great rep and if the trigger is your only concern I sent my Phantom to the custom shop and they did a great job on the DA/SA trigger for only $100.

·
Registered
304 Posts
I have 5 CZs, -P01 Omega, PCR, SP01T( all 3 cajunized); a P09 and P10c. As you probably discern, I like CZs. They are accurate, reliable guns OOTB, but can be refined a great degree if desired. What I like most is the ergos the CZs provide my hands.

I've used the P09, P01, and SP01T successfully in my IDPA matches.

if restricted to just one, it’d be a P01. It simply is a great compromise between Carry size, capacity, reliability, accuracy, and ergo.

·
Premium Member
3,407 Posts
Who has a Cz 75 or other non 1911 CZ

Is the CZ 75 or other variants the same.quality as our DanWesson? Looking for a less exspensive work week.carry peice and the CZ75 seams a better fit that my M&p...
CZ75B is awesome. The best DA/SA trigger until the PPQ. Very BHP- / 1911-y point ability. A nice bonus is CZ's excellent "Kadet" .22LR conversion.

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
Hmmm comparing a CZ-75B to a 1911 is a stretch.

i have a Pre-Model 75B; a Model 75, made before the Czech Republic! A bit heavy but that helps to control +P recoil. I also have a P-09 (poly frame steel slide with rail) that‘s a good Gun; and a Model 97B - a grown up 75B but in .45ACP; you can’t go wrong with a CZ Pistol!

·
Premium Member
3,407 Posts
CZ75’s are awesome. Pretty darn accurate for a less expensive gun.

I’m pretty fond of the SAO variant.
Fair warning: now I'd like to ask for some thoughts on the CZ75B SAO [again]. So there's gonna be a thread in the "General Gun Discussion"(?)* RSN ...

*- really wish there was an "Other Handguns" in "Other Firearms and Tools". A suggestion I'll make ...

·
Registered
978 Posts
This is my CZ75 P01 Shadow Line Compact which I have converted to a SAO pistol which can be carried “cocked and locked” ala 1911. It’s comes from CZ as a DA/SA pistol with no decocker, manually drop the hammer for DA. I installed the straight trigger and removed the disconnect which made it a SAO with the trigger breaking around 2 3/4#. It came with thin safeties and I changed to the wider paddle safety. It’s as close to a 1911 trigger feel without being a 1911. I use it mainly for range and games. Any CZ75 is a great pistol, this ones just a little more fun.
B3E35F79-B608-4140-8681-29149E577727.jpeg

·
Registered
285 Posts
I usually carry a CZC 75 Shadow TAC II. Absolutely incredible trigger. I also have a Compact (P-01) SDP, 75 Bull Shadow and CZC versions of the SP-01 Phantom, SP-01 Tactical, and 75B High Polish Stainless. Several are on a price par with DW Valors. Can't go wrong with any of them. I have to admit I'm currently debated on switching over to a 9mm 1911, either a Valor Commander duty finish or EB EVOL KC9, both of which shoot very nicely.

If you're looking at not wanting to carry something expensive, a CZ 75B or 75 Compact (or SP-01) would work very nicely. I carried a 75 Compact for quite a while, and felt very confident in it. I just prefer steel, as opposed to alloy, slides. YMMV.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Nice looking CZ- am envious

This is my CZ75 P01 Shadow Line Compact which I have converted to a SAO pistol which can be carried “cocked and locked” ala 1911. It’s comes from CZ as a DA/SA pistol with no decocker, manually drop the hammer for DA. I installed the straight trigger and removed the disconnect which made it a SAO with the trigger breaking around 2 3/4#. It came with thin safeties and I changed to the wider paddle safety. It’s as close to a 1911 trigger feel without being a 1911. I use it mainly for range and games. Any CZ75 is a great pistol, this ones just a little more fun.
View attachment 596813

·
Registered
30 Posts
xbray, did that come out the ghost products shop? i have tried some of their work, and its top drawer stuff. out of mesa az

·
Registered
839 Posts
yeap, originally DA/SA but I lean to SA so I ordered a trigger and made the change.
Have to say this was the first target model offered and they really mounted the adjustable sight low, they offered a SP01 Shadow Target II but the sight is not as low in the slide as this model. I like it a lot.

Installed a Ghost hammer in my CZ75B SAO and what a difference. Left the FPB in place but the action is sweet.

·
Registered
29 Posts
For carry I would go CZ P07 if polymere frame is ok with you. If you want to go alloy you need to decide light rail or not. If you want one go P01 and if not then PCR or Rami. They are outstanding guns. I have an OD P07 and a P01 UG/SR and they both have been excellent. If the tiggers need a little more performance then Cajun Gun Works can help that. One thing I must warn you about is on the polymere P07 (and P09) the trigger quality out of the box can be very different from gun to gun.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts