1911Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While the Rangemaster is listed on Rusty's web site as a canted holster, I heard on this forum that it can be ordered vertical, as well. Rusty confirmed this.

Is your Rangemaster canted, or vertical? If possible, could you post a picture? Whether or not you can post a picture, could you please look at my pictures and comment on how vertical or canted my holster is, relative to yours?

Here goes. I test posted a picture successfully, but now the pressure is on.

The first picture is just the gun in the holster on the belt, laid out straight:

Attachments

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
"Belt inside" is just the rig turned over, so you can see that the belt tunnel and the belt are pretty well lined up.

"Me" is a shot of it on me, with the camera pretty much level with the floor, so that my "build", such as it is, tends to angle the rig down toward the front.

"Me level" is the same shot with the camera tilted so that the belt appears more or less horizontal.

Lastly, let me include a line to Rusty's web site which shows the canted version of the Rangemaster:

http://www.c-rusty.com/pages/holsters/large/rangemaster.html

Attachments

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So what do you all think?

Let me cut right to the chase and say that this was ordered vertical. Let me also say that I'm not starting a bash, I'm just gathering information. The fact of the matter is, I'm not so sure I don't like the holster the way it is. I would just like to know what my options might be.

I did call Rusty, and he confirmed that I had ordered and he had made a vertical. It sure doesn't look vertical to me, and in fact it looks significantly more canted than the canted photo from his web page. But I was hoping to get the feedback of this forum, some information, and perhaps a sanity check.

Many thanks!

·
Super Moderator
13,519 Posts
The holster you received and shown in the pictures is indeed forward cant. I had one of those also. Rusty does make straight drop holster, as I ordered one as a gift for my gunsmith. It arrived just as promised, vertical or straight drop. Rusty is a gentleman and a great holster maker. I believed he just made a mistake. Give him a call and explain to him what you have. I'm sure he'll treat you right. Good luck.

·
Registered
167 Posts
2cats:
Rusty is a personal friend of mine and I told him about your post. He's too busy to respond and asked that I post and tell you to call him and he will be more than happy to take care of your problem. He's a good guy and will go out of his way to take care of you.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Leather Belt

2cats,,,,I am surprised you are not using the Wilderness Tactical Belt. I was informed about them by one of the no-it-all shooters in my area and at first thought they would make a handy item to pull a car with. Now that I own one, I can see that they are all of what has been said by many is true. And the one remark I remember, look at what all the top level shooters use. Once I got one, I bought another for a spare. Infinite adjustment, unlike the many leather, exotic belts I have sitting in the closet collecting dust. They have good company with all my got to have holsters.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, that looks like it should clear things up. Thanks for the help; ephshoe, thanks for getting in touch with Rusty. I was going to leave him alone over the holiday weekend, and give him a call early during this coming week. The holster is excellent, by the way.

samray, samray, samray . . . . (samray and I know each other).

You don't think that a Wilderness Tactical belt will be wasted on me, do you?

·
Registered
220 Posts
Wilderness Tactical

2cats, no it will not be wasted on you. I do not know what others think of them, but in my use of it I found it to be superior to the regular hyde belt in the following ways:

Unlimited adjustment
High strength, does not sag
Light in weight

The are under $40.

Does anyone else have experience with this product?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts