1911Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who has traded their EMP ambi safety for a single and what did you use? Pictures would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
56 Posts
I installed a STI single safety on mine. Sorry no pics, it's with a smith being hard chromed, slim magwell, and new sights being installed. I'll post pics when I get it back, probably another week.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Now we've got a gun. Sent it to Springfield for a safety swap and elimination of the ILS:

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sfwdiy - Did the Kings safety match perfectly? I'd kind of like to find something that was more flattened, or more stock Coltish maybe? Just what I'm used to I guess, and that flat paddle on the ambi seems to get in my way of hitting the slide stop, with my strong or weak hand.

·
Registered
14 Posts
The King's safety actually is very close in size to the original, just a little bit shorter and narrower but not by much. Once I filed it to fit properly I polished it up on the inside where it rides against the frame and also on the divot where the plunger clicks in and out. Real smooth operation, yet still secure in either position. Works well. Depending on the size of your hands you may have to shift your grip slightly to reach the slide stop. It helps to have long thumbs. :)

--B

·
Registered
203 Posts
I went to single side on both of mine - I used stainless and it looks very nice. I don't have any pictures handy at the moment.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts