1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking of adding a Sure-fire light onto my daily carry like the 6P or 6Z does anyone know who has the best prices.

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
7,626 Posts
Joe at SKDTAC gets my vote. Give him a shout at http://www.skdtac.com He is a member here and really supports the sport. And, he is a shooter. A very good shooter.

Tom
AF Shooting Team

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
Careful with Botach. They have one of the worst reputations on the net. And it's deserved. Complete incompetence describes their business practices. If you have a problem with your order, good luck getting any help. Customer service is a foreign concept to the company.

I dealt with them on several occasions, mainly because their prices were incredibly competitive; but about a year ago, they botched my order so badly, overcharged my credit card, sent me the wrong merchandise, and made me foot the bill for their S&H blunder. So after that fiasco, I finally took my business elsewhere.

Just a warning from someone who's been burned. Perhaps in the year or so since I stopped doing business with them, they've improved. Maybe a more recent customer has had a better experience.

[This message has been edited by traevin (edited 05-24-2001).]

·
Registered
140 Posts
I fully agree with Traevin . . . I don't care how low Botach's prices are, it is not worth it!

I have placed three orders with them and they have yet to get one right. The last order was to purchase three Surefire 6P's that were in stock. It took no less then 10 phone calls and daily reminders to get the lights shipped and the billing correct.

Do yourself a favor, don't fall for Botach's low prices . . . your time and grief isn't worth it. Support a business providing quality service.

[This message has been edited by AAshooter (edited 05-24-2001).]

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Another word of caution about Botach, and agreement with what has already been posted. Yes, their prices are great, but customer service is lacking to say the least. Have ordered from them a few times. First two orders - no problems. Wondered what all the fuss was about. Last time - yikes! All kinds of problems that took quite some time to get fixed, with very little help or concern from the folks at Botach. Buyer beware!

------------------
Regards,
AZFred

·
Registered
75 Posts
DO NOT BUY FROM BOTACH TACTICAL!!!!

I placed a few orders with Botach and every one was a nightmare. They are nothing more than a pawn shop running a storefront on the internet. Their prices are inviting, but the grief you will endure due to their incompetence far outweighs the savings. Do yourself a favor, buy from Joe at skdtac. They have the BEST customer service I have dealt with. www.skdtac.com

·
Premium Member
940 Posts
nice site, I just ordered a knife I've had my eye on, $110 at the local store, only $73.78 delivered to my front door. I wish I could afford to support the local shop. Well I guess I've done my part by buying most of my guns there, damn I could have stock in that place by now!

·
Vendor
1,642 Posts
Bought a Sure-Fire Z2 from the Gunsite Pro shop for $65 and $10 for two spare batteries.
Light has Gunsite "Raven" logo on it.

Good service as well.

------------------
"Stripping motivated people of their dignity and rubbing their noses in it is a very bad idea."

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
Botact Tactical may be problematic, but their prices really can be worth the trouble. For example, Tonerguy paid $5 a pop for the litium batteries. That is essentially Wal-Mart's price which isn't too great. Last time we ordered from Botact, we split 24 batteries for $36, a price of $1.50 a piece. We purchased with a credit card so that if there was a problem, then we could have simply contested the charge.

For those of you who are interested, here are some non-Botact sites I bookmarked for decent lithium battery prices, at least better than Wal-Mart's price: http://neiparts.net/specials/batteryspecials.html http://www.wholesaleadvantage.com/batteries_photo.html http://store.yahoo.com/electronetdistributors/san123alitba.html

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Originally posted by shoepop:
Went to SKDTAC site to check Surefire and he's out of stock on most of SF products !!!!!!!
They're also consistently out of most of their Spiderco stock. I don't even bother checking their site anymore, just go straight to Brownell's for most of my accessories.

Mac

·
Registered
143 Posts
Yikes(!) Maclean3,
We've had at least 9 of our 11 Spyderco products in stock for the past several weeks now- yes, we're due for a re-order, but to say that "they're consistantly out of most their spyderco stock" is a pretty big stretch- why the negative info?
As for Surefire products, we will have new Surefire offerings with a completely new website in a few months. We apologize for the lack of inventory in the Surefire dept.

Best,

------------------
SKD Tactical Accessories
www.skdtac.com
Your source for hard-core, no-bs gear.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I also had a bad problem with BOTACH.I called them up to order a Monadnock baton and the woman on the phone could barely speak english and told my to just place an order with the website.I just wanted to know if they carried a certain model.she said yes so I ordered from their website.2 days later I received an email saying that they were out of stock.I WILL NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH BOTACH AGAIN!!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts