1911Forum banner

What is your thought on additional gun purchases at this time?

1 - 20 of 148 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A doom-n-gloom buddy of mine stated that ammo will become so scarce and expensive that I'm going to end up with a collection of "very expensive paperweights". It got me wondering if anyone here has stopped purchasing guns (or even started liquidating their collection) due to similar thoughts.

·
Premium Member
7,538 Posts
Not at all. Additionally, I’ve been helping a few other new firearm owners find and figure out what they want To buy. The left has been trying to use the Parkland anniversary to launch their new gun grab agenda. But it’s falling a bit flat when parents who lost children there are coming out against gun control as a solution to what happened 3 yrs ago in Fla.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
I'm buying guns BECAUSE of the Biden-Harris administration. They're about to start a war and I'm prepared.

·
Registered
12,062 Posts
My buying plans got put on hold when the Corona Virus pandemic got into full swing, followed by the George Floyd death, which significantly drove up demand and prices, and reduced availability. The election of President Biden hasn't helped in any of those areas.

I expect these panic driving incidents will eventually wane, but I don't need any firearms enough to pay significantly above retail or for something that isn't what I really want.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Nope ... just changing focus a tad. Thinking more old school ... I’ve got a 44Mag Lever on order and searching for a revolver in same caliber. I cast and reload so ammo shouldn’t be an issue until 2024.

God bless America

·
Registered
259 Posts
Nope nothing has changed except my range sessions and type of firearm. Moved from the SAs to the wheelguns. I'll buy if I find something I want. My locals are still selling below msrp when they get something. Got a notice the other day that a 586 came in at a fair price so I ended up bringing it home. Damn fine weapon with a nice trigger. Ammo prices will go up and stay there for now as I believe that is part of this admins plans.

·
Registered
143 Posts
if anything it pushed me to made some extra purchases thinking that they will be not available soon. now I'm capped out and holding onto the what I have. or refining what I have.

·
Registered
8,980 Posts
I just haven't had the urge to buy anything but I can understand someone not buying because of the ammo crisis. In some cases, you might spend 500-1000 dollars testing carry ammo to make sure it runs through your new 1911, provided you can even find the ammo. A couple of months ago I thought things were starting to open up a tad and now it seems as bad as ever.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Id say I’m about neutral. Stopped buying plastic guns and most everything 9mm, but have found great deals on premium ones, particularly 1911s In 45ACP.

Nope ... just changing focus a tad. Thinking more old school ... I’ve got a 44Mag Lever on order and searching for a revolver in same caliber. I cast and reload so ammo shouldn’t be an issue until 2024.

God bless America
Maybe not the most practical gun, but I have a Super Blackhawk that I love to shoot. Single action certainly isn’t ideal for defense, but it’s adequate to get peoples attention quickly.

·
Registered
164 Posts
IF I come across what I consider a good deal, I would buy it. However I have not come across a good deal for about 4 months. The same for ammo. However I have only come across gouging such as a "value pack" of 40 S&W for $127. 100 rounds for $127 before tax

·
Registered
347 Posts
For me, I’ve been spending my money on magazines, reloading supplies, ammo (where I can find it).

That said, I’ve bought 2 guns in the last 6 months- both funded by sales of guns I no longer wanted, to people who Really wanted them.

While I think one can rationally believe the current administration will attempt to constrain our 2A rights, I don’t think any real action will pass Supreme Court review.

my sense is they will look to magazines and ammo as the avenues to restrict our 2A rights, not guns themselves

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
I have been buying and selling guns as usual. I have been shooting less due to prices on replacement ammo.

1 - 20 of 148 Posts