1911Forum banner

What is your thought on additional gun purchases at this time?

61 - 80 of 151 Posts

·
Registered
5,098 Posts
Other than 12ga shotgun to round out what I have, the only other gun I would like to have is a WW1 or WW2 1911 in decent condition. Ammo I’m good on, factory and reloads.
I got tired of waiting for cmp. Plus the miss matched parts and the high cost I purchased a nib auto ordnance us army 1911a1 clone for $389 at the time. I’m the one who breaks in a brand new 1911a1.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I haven't bought any new firearms since last July, but that doesn't have anything to do with the current political climate. I think I have pretty much everything I want, within reason. I'll be focusing on keeping my ammo supply stocked up from here on.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I still enjoy the hunt- search. Deals are fewer but stuff comes up every month or so for trades or purchase.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
411 Posts
I have stopped buying new guns. Not wild about recent prices. For whatever reasons, I have been more into caliber conversions. Or upgrading 1911’s with higher quality parts. I suppose I could sell a few but I tend to keep what I buy. Too bad I dislike Glocks. I could have saved a lot of money if I was so inclined. After experiencing the 1911 trigger and the extraordinary accuracy potential of the 1911, grip angle, ease of reaching the controls effortlessly, hard to fathom much else tickling my fancy. I do like quality revolvers but really don’t need another one.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I’d like to buy a few more, but prices and availability (or lack thereof) have kept me from doing so since the pandemic. Demand is just far outstripping supply for guns and ammo at the moment.

Instead, I’ve bought a few holsters, mags, gun belts and other shooting accessories, but I’ve noticed higher prices and much longer wait times for holsters. Well, I should say I’ve noticed much higher prices for most other things, including non-gun related products thanks to Covid.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I bought a lot of ammo 2 years back so i bought a few nice evil guns ive been eyeballing. Chinese underfolder AK, DSA FAL. I consigned a large number of unloved guns out of my collection also. Its a sellers market.

·
Registered
5,098 Posts
I’m catching up on my rifle build projects. Finally.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Good luck finding your independence without primers. Ammo might be easier to find.
I hear ya; I used to reload in the past; once I find a stash of primers at reasonable price, I’ll jump on it. They are pricey now, but still a couple thousand primers is easier to manage than a couple thousand rounds cash wise.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
I’ve stopped buying guns simply out of fear of what words a corrupt and senile old man, a venal 81 year old speaker of the House of Representatives, and a communist bartender from New York City, might choose put to paper. ;)

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Just picked up a Glock Blue Label G22 and have a G23 on order. I have ammo loaded for everything I own and enough components to last a very long time. I don't do mag dumps, but I shoot when I want and just exercise a little common sense and component management.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I've kind of gotten to the point where I'd rather play with the toys I already have instead of adding more toys to the toy box. I did get another 1911 for Christmas that I've been dressing up, but I don't see myself buying any more guns for the foreseeable future unless a really screamin' deal comes along...

·
Registered
239 Posts
I've not stopped because of biden. I'm waiting for my last 1911 to arrive in a couple of months. I just happened to finish my collection when he was installed into office. After that my focus will shift to ammo. :)

·
Registered
3,696 Posts
What with the availability of firearm I WANT along with plenty of ammo to feed the beast, I'm not spending my hard earned, harder saved funds on something I may get little to no use out of. If & when this all settles down & prices/availability become prevalent, I'll reconsider my decision.

In the mean time, I'll shoot & enjoy what I have on hand.

·
Registered
613 Posts
I have slowed down at the old age. I am a cheap guy I was going to buy a Glock 44 but the price jumped $100.00 from Jan. of last year. Look at the ammo, down here in Florida 9mm last year $46.00 to $36.00 a 50 round box.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Having been buying for years, firearms and ammo, I have enough of everything that at my age, I am good. Same with reloading needs. None of the new Tupperware offerings interest me in the least, although I do have four Glocks. Once in awhile when I run across a S&W without the lock and at a fair price I will spring for it. Same with rifles and shotguns. What I have acquired through the years is so much better made and all have a soul, whereas the new stuff doesn’t. And would never buy any firecarm now that I didn’t have a stash of ammo for.
I learned through regrets years ago, never sell anything that is special to you, and if it’s not special, don’t buy it. While I usually buy a couple a year, last year my only purchase was a Ruger MKII slabside Competition Target Model at my LGS at a fair price. It will be special to me and won’t be sold.

52BE58DC-38CB-4E05-A58B-5395E5DB7828.jpeg

61 - 80 of 151 Posts