1911Forum banner

What is your thought on additional gun purchases at this time?

81 - 100 of 151 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Not much out there to buy right now.
I stopped by a local shop the other day ... actually a "farm & fleet" kinda place but has a whole corner for gun cases. No ammo at all but I was shocked by the number of guns they had. Lot's of long guns hangin' on the wall and the handgun cases were full of all kinds of stuff. But then this is "gun land". But how do you move a lot of guns with no ammo?

·
Administrator
73,476 Posts
But how do you move a lot of guns with no ammo?
You don't. The two local gun shops near me both have close to a normal number of guns in their inventory. Both told me they aren't selling them as fast because they have nothing to feed them with. It's like trying to sell a gas-guzzling SUV or muscle car during an oil embargo.

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
I am happy that Biden got elected for all that sell ammunition, firearms, and anything associated with these products.They will truly prosper.

We as gun owners? I'm afraid we of little or no concern right now.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Only money for ammo now. Kept three 1911's and a Blackhawk. Sold the rest. I dont believe high cap guns will be allowed inside of two years.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Only money for ammo now. Kept three 1911's and a Blackhawk. Sold the rest. I dont believe high cap guns will be allowed inside of two years.
I've had a funny feeling that might be true as well and have had to make a few compromises as well.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
but have you seen the prices on gunbroker and in the LGS?!??!?!?! :p
Yes sir...it's mos-def a seller's market right now. Unfortunately I had already thinned-down my collection (at pre-panic prices) to only my highly-desirables. In fact, I only have ONE sub-$1000 pistol left, so I'm too attached to part with anything in my current stable (save an genuine emergency). And, fortunately, what I'm buying is not being marked-up because its higher-end to begin with.

·
Administrator
73,476 Posts
If the laws ever become so strict that so-called "hi-cap" guns (whatever those are) are flat-out prohibited then you can bet that an across-the board ban on nearly all modern firearms will follow soon afterwards. In other words, either the Gunpocalypse is coming or else you should simply buy what you want now and quit worrying about it. I certainly don't worry about anything I own becoming verboten to even possess someday. I bought them all legally, I own and use them legally, and if anybody doesn't like it they can go screw themselves.

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
This administration will do anything they can get by with and it will be a lot worse when Harris takes over. I just don't believe they will be able to do anything. They don't have the support they did at one time. I know some liberals that were gun control advocates that no longer are. The mid terms will tell us everything we need to know, we shall see.

·
Registered
Trumark Wrist Rocket
447 Posts
I thought I was done, but then they pulled me back in ... :p. I am going to pick up a TX22 Taurus today in hopes that it is something that my wife can handle. If not, I can make good use of it as well.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
The only one I'd like to find somewhere is a Mossberg 590A1. Otherwise my money would be tied up in more reloading supplies like primer and powder, if they were available. I don't give a flip about Biden in that context. Drugs are illegal and thats a disaster. Alcohol was banned and that went over like a lead balloon. I'm worried but not going to alter how I do anything.

·
Registered
8,995 Posts
The only one I'd like to find somewhere is a Mossberg 590A1. Otherwise my money would be tied up in more reloading supplies like primer and powder, if they were available. I don't give a flip about Biden in that context. Drugs are illegal and thats a disaster. Alcohol was banned and that went over like a lead balloon. I'm worried but not going to alter how I do anything.
The only disaster was the decriminalization of drug usage which expanded use to epidemic proportions. Now we have the worst of all worlds, drug addicts all over the place and property crime sky high and tons of homeless drug addicts. The best thing that would improve the quality of life in America would be to keep them locked up for a long time.

·
Premium Member
5,433 Posts
I stopped by a local shop the other day ... actually a "farm & fleet" kinda place but has a whole corner for gun cases. No ammo at all but I was shocked by the number of guns they had. Lot's of long guns hangin' on the wall and the handgun cases were full of all kinds of stuff. But then this is "gun land". But how do you move a lot of guns with no ammo?
I think a lot of 'new' buyers barely know how to load and operate the guns they are buying.

Liable to be a jump in 'accidental' shootings (if they ever find ammunition and figure out
how to load and fire their gun).

A few years ago in movies (and on TV) they actually started showing people inserting a
magazine and then cycling the action (or releasing the slide).

·
Registered
105 Posts
I have stopped buying and shooting because I cannot buy ammo right now. I would love to buy a new gun, but with no ammo around I would not be able to shoot it, so what is the point. I do have a storage of ammo, but I hate to shoot it since I cannot replace it right now.

·
Registered
4 Posts
A doom-n-gloom buddy of mine stated that ammo will become so scarce and expensive that I'm going to end up with a collection of "very expensive paperweights". It got me wondering if anyone here has stopped purchasing guns (or even started liquidating their collection) due to similar thoughts.
I’ve been following prices of 3 handgun calibers for 9 months now on ammoseek. I am seeing prices starting to soften. From roughly 1 dollar per round to 60-75 cents. I also watched an interesting video re ammo sales on gun broker. The host has been tracking these auctions and noted the amount of bids for ammo has dropped dramatically. I think we are turning the corner on prices. It will be quite a bit of time before prices on 9mm every go back to 18 cents a round but you can see prices beginning to soften imho.

81 - 100 of 151 Posts