1911Forum banner
61 - 80 of 104 Posts
Nobody. I just listen to those who are in positions to have the knowledge and then decide how much of it is real, not 'agenda-driven' or simply wrong. I have to tell you, 95% of what you read and hear, particularly in the gun world, falls into those two categories. Of course, that would include this. :)

Growing up, my stepdad used to buy Guns & Ammo, and the first thing I would do is flip straight to the back and read Coopers Corner. It was probably a combination of those two why my first gun purchase was a full size 1911, which I still have and carry daily.

In more modern times I've followed techniques of John "Shrek" McPhee, Rob Leatham, a little bit of Pat McNamara, along with a few local friends that are instructors.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

When I was five, I spent some time with a cousin and his wife in San Diego. He was in the Navy and served in Korea. He took me ocean fishing and gave me tours of the military bases and a tour of the ship he was stationed on. I decided when I was five that I was joining the Navy. I made Chief just before he retired as a Chief. He was a huge influence on my life.

I have to say, that is pretty cool!!!!! I imagine he must've been proud. Excellent post. (y)

Once you said his name I recongized it. Excellent photographer. Also a Lethal Force Institute instructor under Massad Ayoob.
Ichero did all of Massad Ayoob photos for the gun rags long before they were great like most are today. His photography and ability to produce guns that were crystal clear and almost 3 dimensional were a decade ahead of the others.

Joe Biden.
Fire your shotgun in the air to scare them away. Train to shoot bad guys in the leg. Good stuff.
I have a shotgun named after him. After he made that stupid comment about just firing a double barrel out the balcony--I think he said, I do no have a balcony, but I bought on of the J2000 Coach guns, with external hammers and 18 inch barrels. Bought it just for the home defense gun, and we call it old Joe. Of course it is not the only gun that goes if we have a bump in the night. My thought is that if ever and invader is shot, that should be the gun and part of my defense would be that old Joe, told the entire nations that is what they should do.

If I had/get the chance, I would thank Jeff Cooper, Clint Smith, and Tiger McKee for their writings and videos. I've really appreciated the way that Ron Avery and Travis Haley can verbalize the technicalities of technique; they have both been excellent sources of insight. For 1911s specifically, I would have to thank the many superb gunsmiths and experts who spend considerable time explaining intricacies of the 1911 to us on these forums. Finally, I would point to "Syd" from sightm1911.com as my initial informer into the world of 1911s. Not sure who he is, but his articles formed my early thinking on many topics.

I'd have to say a couple of Bills and a John.
Bill Ruger, because I own many of his quality firearms.
Bill Wilson, another maker of high quality firearms, I own a Wilson Combat CQB, a Super Sniper in .223, and a .458 SOCOM.
The John is John Moses Browning, 'nuff said. :)

Grumpy

I have a shotgun named after him. After he made that stupid comment about just firing a double barrel out the balcony--I think he said, I do no have a balcony, but I bought on of the J2000 Coach guns, with external hammers and 18 inch barrels. Bought it just for the home defense gun, and we call it old Joe. Of course it is not the only gun that goes if we have a bump in the night. My thought is that if ever and invader is shot, that should be the gun and part of my defense would be that old Joe, told the entire nations that is what they should do.
I have one named "Old Don". Sometimes it goes off half-cocked, but somehow it always seems to be right on target.

Reactions: Ranger4
61 - 80 of 104 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.