1911Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
in the North east area, who's fast turnaround and does nice work?

Looking to add a hi-grip beavertail on my Kimber Ultra Tactical cause I hate the way the stock Kimber tail looks and feels.

Also looking to re-finish the whole gun afterwards...since the anodize job Kimber does on the Ultra looks neon blue:confused:

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
AZ...ok who?

there's a guy on this very site...goes by the name TGR.

saw a picture of some beavertails he fitted and let me say that I haven't seen many smiths do a job like that.

I'd be happy to send him my money, as long as mine looked like this when it came back:

·
Registered
462 Posts
robino said:
saw a picture of some beavertails he fitted and let me say that I haven't seen many smiths do a job like that.
Robino,

There are pistolsmiths with the APG and on this forum that can fit beavertails just as good (or better). Some smiths discussed in the forum include (in no particular order) Vickers, Yost, Christiansen, Novak's, and Heinie to name a few (I know Heinie has discontinued taking pistolsmith orders and wait lists for at least 10 months to catch up on backlog. The exception: sight installs).

Run searches on some prospective smiths that come recommended...you might be able to see examples of their work either posted here or on their website (if they have one). Once you narrow the field to one, email or call him to discuss what you need done.

I'd agree that if you're looking at a shipout of your gun, it shouldn't really matter where in the US the pistolsmith is located. Fedex and UPS next day is generally going to cost you flat based on weight plus insurance anyways.

Hope this helps.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts