1911Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
igolgat8 - That part of the frame is the same width. The only larger sized parts are the mag release, trigger bow, MSH and it's locator pin. The rest of the frame above the level of the top of the trigger guard is standard...or at least is on my doublestack TCM!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yep, they are interchangeable. I have the DS and SS 9mm and I've had both guns apart cleaning ect. Same exact slide stop. In fact I've run the complete upper from the SS on the DS gun

I'll go to the safe and grab them and take the slide stops out to show you a pic of them side by side..

Edit: there ya be

Note: they are very Slightly different on the shelf that catches the magazine follower, the shelf on the single stack is slightly larger. The single stack mag release will work on the double stack, but the double stack mag release wont reliably catch all the magazines I have for the single stack..

So a single stack slide catch will work on your double stack, but the double stack interestingly enough is not reliable on the single stack

Attachments

·
Registered
765 Posts
As stated slide stops are generally interchangeable.
I have been switching parts from various brands from one 1911 to another for years. The grip frame and some related parts may be different due to the width but not the upper regions usually.
Just order whose slide stop fits your fancy. It should be just a drop in with no fitting required.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts