1911Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Six + years ago, Ron Der of RMH Knives made me gorgeous set of custom grips. Unfortunately, I haven’t been successful in contacting him. Any recommendations for custom CNC wood grip makers? Appreciate the recommendations.

· Premium Member
1,264 Posts
Six + years ago, Ron Der of RMH Knives made me gorgeous set of custom grips. Unfortunately, I haven’t been successful in contacting him. Any recommendations for custom CNC wood grip makers? Appreciate the recommendations.
Check Stoner CNC.
I bought G10 grips for my Ruger MKIV recently and the quality is very good.

· Premium Member
785 Posts

Reactions: NDL

· Registered
100 Posts
Yes, Ron did outstanding work. He made me some scales for a ZT knife I have with a Texas Ranger theme with a medallion. It's on his website. I've sent him emails over the last few years and he's responded that he isn't taking any customer orders.

I found another CNC grip maker and he made me a set of G-10 grips for my Sig P938. I know you said you wanted some wood grips made and I think he also works in wood. He is a great communicator and sends you proofs to review.

I posted here: New G-10 Grips on My Sig.

Check him out. His work is detailed and his price was very reasonable. Tell him Ron Rodriguez from Houston referred you. I sure he'll remember me because I'm a picky customer.

Best of luck.

· Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes, Ron did outstanding work. He made me some scales for a ZT knife I have with a Texas Ranger theme with a medallion. It's on his website. I've sent him emails over the last few years and he's responded that he isn't taking any customer orders.

I found another CNC grip maker and he made me a set of G-10 grips for my Sig P938. I know you said you wanted some wood grips made and I think he also works in wood. He is a great communicator and sends you proofs to review.

I posted here: New G-10 Grips on My Sig.

Check him out. His work is detailed and his price was very reasonable. Tell him Ron Rodriguez from Houston referred you. I sure he'll remember me because I'm a picky customer.

Best of luck.
Thank You

· Registered
Several
99 Posts
You might take a look at Texas Grips. Texas Grips - Gun control with style! Henry (the owner) has crafted 5 or 6 sets for me (1911s, S&W L and N frames). Two of the 1911 sets were truly custom - I described what I wanted and sent him pictures. He give you many options for wood types, etc. He is also one of the very few who use mesquite wood - a Texas/Mexico native wood that is incredibly hard.

· Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You might take a look at Texas Grips. Texas Grips - Gun control with style! Henry (the owner) has crafted 5 or 6 sets for me (1911s, S&W L and N frames). Two of the 1911 sets were truly custom - I described what I wanted and sent him pictures. He give you many options for wood types, etc. He is also one of the very few who use mesquite wood - a Texas/Mexico native wood that is incredibly hard.
Thank You

1 - 12 of 12 Posts