1911Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I remember seeing a maker's website that had belts trimmed with exotics on the tail end and the buckle end, as a cost saving measure over a full exotic. I just liked the looks of them, not so much as a way to lessen the cost but because the designs they used were just asthetically pleasing to me. Anybody remember who does this? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Check out lucchese boots, they have some very nice exotic belts, not sure if they do the trim or ends or if they are all full exotic leather, but wouldnt hurt to look there, as far as from a dedicated gun belt like from a holster maker, cant help you much there

·
Premium Member
4,106 Posts
dmr400;

I don't now of anyone offering that type of belt but you might want to call Milt Sparks & they may head you in the right direction.

Good luck...

·
Registered
95 Posts
I've often done them that way. Never advertised about it though. The customer(s) like it because it gives them some of the flair, but at a greatly reduced cost. They tend to be customers who are more into western style rigs and/or ranger belts.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,298 Posts
try Double J....they're pricy, but they're really nice....I wore them to rodeo with, and I have a black/white hair on hide with rhinestones that holds whatever gun I'm wearing just fine
http://www.doublejsaddlery.com/.sc/ms/cat/MEN'S BELTS
Did you catch the title of the thread? :D I assume he's looking for a purpose made gun belt also, since he posted here. "Who makes exotic trimmed belts as an economy measure?" I'm

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Did you catch the title of the thread? :D I assume he's looking for a purpose made gun belt also, since he posted here. "Who makes exotic trimmed belts as an economy measure?" I'm
True...but exotic isn't always economical....and I use them to hold up guns, and they do so just fine =)

·
Premium Member
15,298 Posts
True...but exotic isn't always economical....and I use them to hold up guns, and they do so just fine =)

That's exactly what he's looking for, am economical alternative to an exotic belt. One with exotic trim.

And the whole purpose made gun belt vs pants belt thing has been beat to death, and we know who wins. :biglaugh:

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
That's exactly what he's looking for, am economical alternative to an exotic belt. One with exotic trim.

And the whole purpose made gun belt vs pants belt thing has been beat to death, and we know who wins. :biglaugh:
I'll agree that most normal belts are not sturdy enough for 3lbs of bang....which is why I usually get a custom belt made thicker with the same style I prefer (hair on hide with rhinestones)....never had a problem, they never sag in the slightest....sometimes when I wear a suit I wish I had thought about an actual gun belt, which is usually when i just carry a lighter weapon (Kel-Tec)....it fits in my pocket without printing too so thats a plus (speaking of that....I need a pocket holster)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts